VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a BD project using 4 video files. I dragged them to the main menu page as four different chapter selections.

The only thing that isn't working the way I want it to is the Prev / Next buttons to skip from one chapter to another while the BD is playing. Doesn't work either with the Preview function within DVDAS or on a set top player. (Sure am glad I popped the $20 for a rewritable BD!)

Within each item I have Prev/Up and Next set to "On". Shouldn't this make the Prev/Next buttons work?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Navigation Settings.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	15692  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had a similar problem until I added chapter marks. Try inserting a few chapter marks in each video segment and see if your prev/next button works.

I also found out that if you put the chapter marks in while editing in Vegas, they may move when you load the rendered files into DVDA. Mine had moved several tens of seconds. I put them back in the rights spots in DVDA, and they stayed put. I'll be using DVDA to locate chapter marks going foward...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    70Standard is exactly right - the prev/next buttons navigate very nicely to the chapter marks you have set. Plus once you've set some chapter marks, you can insert a Scene Selection Menu which makes direct navigation elegant.

I'll look into what 70Standard said about DVDA... sounds promising.
    Quote Quote