VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello guys, hope you are doing great.
    I'm trying to capture an argentinian vhs PAL-N with a cheap Easier Cap. I'm using two VCRs, a newer grunding multisystem and an older SONY multisytem.
    With the new one I cant record this tapes, but with the SONY i'm able to manually select the input and output format. If I capture with output set to PAL-N, the image flickers and the colour is unstable but with output set to PAL-M I can record a stable image with weird colors though.
    I'm recording with virtualdub 2 but it's the same with AmaRecTV and the software provided with my capture device (Honestech VHS to DVD) I also tried to change the video standard with the software of my device but it doesnt work. I tried with different combinations of frame rates in VirtualDub but none works for me.
    What is strange to me is that if I connect the VCR with output set to PAL-N directly to my tv it shows a perfect image.
    I think my best option is to capture in PAL-M and deal with the colors. What do you guys think?
    Thanks

[Attachment 53782 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 53783 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You need a better quality capture device that accepts your color standard, Devices from the 90's and early 2000's did accept a wide range of video formats, The Chinese crap you have is pretty much made to barely accept PAL/NTSC.
    After you get a new capture device set the Sony VCR mode to Auto, PB to Auto and conversion to OFF.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    You need a better quality capture device that accepts your color standard, Devices from the 90's and early 2000's did accept a wide range of video formats, The Chinese crap you have is pretty much made to barely accept PAL/NTSC.
    After you get a new capture device set the Sony VCR mode to Auto, PB to Auto and conversion to OFF.
    Thank you so much! You're right, it's a piece of crap I have very limited capture options on his driver, It really annoyes me
    Thankfully, I only have three tapes recorded in this format, the rest of the family footage were recorded with a NTSC camcorder. I think I'll find a better one.
    Quote Quote