VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question......When I have an AVI file that I rip to DVD using the program, VSO DIvx to DVD, sometimes the sound is off when I play the DVD. I can watch the file on the computer and it runs/plays fine, but after I burn it to a DVD the sound sometimes is off. Weather I play the DVD in a DVD player or in the computer, it doesn't matter. What is causing this to happen and how can I fix the problem?? Its like its playing the audio and the media at different times or something. How can I fix this so my DVD movies will come out right??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    divx2dvd usually handles this best of all one click wonder apps, but if that app fails too - face it, not all AVIs are created with "convert to DVD" in mind. Trying to fix sync problems can be a nightmare indeed. AFAICS, there are 2 ways to deal with this, while preserving your sanity:
    1) Try to get a "pre made" DVD version if the video
    2) Get a player that plays AVI files.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could also try

1. Demuxing the video and audio, then reauthoring with a delay. This will only work if the audio is off by the same amount all the way through.

2. Upgrade ot ConvertXtoDVD, which does a much better job and is worth the money.

3. Learn how to do it all manually - process video and audio seperately, author etc. Take a little longer, but the results are substantially better.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you soo much!! I'm definately going to try out some of these ideas and I'll let you know how they work out. Thanks for all your suggestions.......
    Quote Quote