VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have DIvx movie in AVI format with so quiet audio.
    What is the fastest way to gain the volume??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you want to just change it for playback, or permenantly ?

Virtualdub can change the gain of the audio stream.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    fastest would be to turn up the volume knob
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems." - Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I mean pernamently.Probably separate audio from video,gain the volume for audio and join video back with audio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by BJ_M
    fastest would be to turn up the volume knob
    Mine goes up to 11!

Okay, seriously, the "fastest" way to do this would be as already noted -- demux, run the audio through something like Goldwave, "normalize" to what sounds loud enough to your ear, then put it all back together again. But do you want to keep it in DivX format? If so, I'm not sure if pulling it apart and putting it back together is all that straightforward, but who knows, probably is. I'm sure a lot depends on what hardware/software you have to work with; do you already have the necessary tools or are you asking for what tools would work best?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having a very similar problem, but the file is an .mpg, MPEG-2 stream, VirtualDub tells me, so it won't run the file. Is there anything similar to VirtualDub I can use for this mpeg file?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by raubt
    I'm having a very similar problem, but the file is an .mpg, MPEG-2 stream, VirtualDub tells me, so it won't run the file. Is there anything similar to VirtualDub I can use for this mpeg file?
    Yup, try VirtualDubMod, it's freeware and it'll open mpeg2 files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yep,I need to keep it in Divx.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi-

Well, what kind of audio is it? If you don't know, open the AVI in GSpot to find out.

If AC3, then go into the AC3 Filter configuration and turn the Preset to Loud, or fiddle with the sliders. If MP3, then demux and boost the gain with MP3Gain. Be careful of clipping (distortion). Then remux.
    Quote Quote