VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm doing encoding from Bluray raw videos using Hybrid. I've noticed that, even though I selected "passthrough" for the audio, it converts the 24bit pcm audio stream into a 16bit pcm audio stream. It's not a matter of mislabeling the stream either. I extracted the audio from the encoded video and compared it to the source, it is really smaller. So some conversion is happening.

Out of all the encodes I have done with PCM audio, only one properly retained the 24bit audio stream. I can remux the 24bit audio stream from the source, most of the time, but this is an annoyance I can do without.

Can anyone tell me how to keep this from happening again?
    Last edited by Compositor; 28th Apr 2020 at 09:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Software? Hardware? Workflow? Info?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Software? Hardware? Workflow? Info?

Scott
    I use Hybrid. I put it in the title, but forgot to mention it in the post itself, oops. One of its encoding options is to simply passthrough the source audio stream without any conversion. At least, that's what it does with other audio formats. But I get this with 24bit pcm.
    Last edited by Compositor; 28th Apr 2020 at 09:10.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Probably a bug during the extraction of the audio. Best post in the Hybrid-Thread with a DebugOutput Level 9 of the job creation (not the processing of the source or the analysis of the source, just the job creation)

Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Probably a bug during the extraction of the audio. Best post in the Hybrid-Thread with a DebugOutput Level 9 of the job creation (not the processing of the source or the analysis of the source, just the job creation)
    Ok, how do I get the DebugOutput level 9 of the job creation? I'll be doing one encode a day for my next project, so I can get this for you in a day or two. After I understand how to get it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. And that when the normal log starts with:
    This log is only intended for user information. It should not be part of a bug/problem report!!
    Hybrid: homepage
    Forum: public forum
    Regarding problems please read: needed infos
    Cu Selur
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote