VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Searching for ways to adjust the timing in IDX/SUB subtitles, I see mention of using "Subtitle Cutter", which supposedly comes with VobSub and which supposedly has an easy option to adjust the framerate of all the subs.

All I see are "submux.exe" and "subresync.exe". I can't say that I ever recall seeing any such program in VobSub.

Where do I find this "Subtitle Cutter" tool?
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can open vobsub (idx,sub) with subtitle edit, read in with ocr and export as vobsub. Here you find the possibility to change fps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You could use Subtitle Edit slightly different.

Use File -> Import -> Vobsub (idx/sub)
    Right-click on a subtitle line and export as Blu-ray-sup.

[Attachment 61263 - Click to enlarge]

Change the FPS and export it.

[Attachment 61264 - Click to enlarge]

Import the Blu-ray sup file; right click a line and select Export to idx/sub.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    You could use Subtitle Edit slightly different.

Use File -> Import -> Vobsub (idx/sub)
    Right-click on a subtitle line and export as Blu-ray-sup.
    Change the FPS and export it.
    Import the Blu-ray sup file; right click a line and select Export to idx/sub.
    Tricky
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    You can open vobsub (idx,sub) with subtitle edit, read in with ocr and export as vobsub. Here you find the possibility to change fps.
    I've never had any luck with OCR. Every time I try it, it ends up selecting parts of characters and expecting me to tell it what they are. It never deals with Italics properly and I end up with a file full of typos.

Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    You could use Subtitle Edit slightly different.
    I downloaded Subtitle Creator which has an option to load IDX/SUB and change the framerate, but there's another small snag;

The subs have multiple sub streams and I was hoping to preserve them all. So far all the solutions I've found will only operate on one of the streams. Not just one stream at a time, but they only seem to allow saving/exporting them with a single stream. If there's a way to load them, fix the timing on all the different streams and then save them all back to IDX/SUB, I haven't found it yet.

There's also the issue that I have quite a few that need to be done, so some kind of batch mode would be highly preferable.

I even considered writing a script that would read in the IDX file and adjust the times, but I have no idea how to calculate the new times. I'm sure there's a formula for it (after all, these other programs do it), but I have no idea what it is.

Are there any command line utilities that can adjust the timing of IDX/SUB files?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use BDSup2Sub to adjust the timing of (idx,sub) and sup subtitles.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I use BDSup2Sub to adjust the timing of (idx,sub) and sup subtitles.
    I just looked at this and as far as I can see, there's no option to work with multiple streams in the subs. In fact, it seems to just load the first stream in the file and I can't find any way to change to any of the others.

Are there are other command line tools that can do this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. OK, I'm officially dumb.

I was looking at the archive I have for VobSub because I didn't think I'd ever installed it on this system. Turns out that I had and Suntitle Cutter is right there in the VobSub menu.

It will do all the streams at once, which is great. It can't be done from the command line though (no command line options to change the framerate), but at least it does what I want.
    Quote Quote