VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm making blu ray with Adobe Encore, when the app finish, I make a new .M2TS with tsMuxer using the original video, because the original is 900 mb and the adobe encore is 2,3 GB and the quality is worst than the original instead the big size, not the one who adobe encore make, when I replace them and changing the info in BDEdit, with PowerDVD or VLC there is no problem but when I burn them and try them in my Blu Ray player, the video is black, all is working except the video. What should I do? I put here the info from the original file and the one who Adobe Encore encoded.

Original:

Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 4
    File size : 1 016 MiB
    Duration : 23 min 42 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 5 995 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2020-03-18 15:51:44
    Writing application : mkvmerge v44.0.0 ('Domino') 64-bit
    Writing library : libebml v1.3.10 + libmatroska v1.5.2
    Attachments : Acto SemiBold.otf / AeonisLTPro-BoldCondensed.otf / AeonisLTPro-Condensed.otf / AntennaComp-Black_1.otf / Antenna-Medium.otf / Appetite.ttf / Archive-Reg.otf / calibri_1.ttf / calibrib_4.ttf / candarab_0.ttf / CommieSans-Medium_0.ttf / cronos13b_0.ttf / Geog-Bold.otf / IwaOMinPro-Bd-Fate_0.ttf / KozGoPr6N-Bold.otf / KozMinPro-Bold.otf / Lato-Bla.ttf / nyala.TTF / pakenham rg.ttf

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5
    Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, Reference frames : 5 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate : 4 547 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.091
    Stream size : 771 MiB (76%)
    Writing library : x264 core 148 r2638 7599210
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:1:1 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.70:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=32 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=16.0 / qcomp=0.70 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Language : Japanese
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Adobe Encore:

Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 2,38 GiB
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 14,4 Mb/s
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 48,0 Mb/s

Vídeo
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Sí
    Format settings, Reference frames : 4 fotogramas
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 13,6 Mb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 15,0 Mb/s
    Width : 1 920 píxeles
    Height : 1 080 píxeles
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progresivo
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.274
    Stream size : 2,25 GiB (95%)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709
    Quote Quote  
  2. Adobe Encore creates a Blu-Ray compliant stream. Your original stream obviously isn't Blu-Ray compatible. VLC and PowerDVD are much more forgiving than a standalone player.

If you don't replace the stream that Encore creates, I'm betting it will play fine on your BR player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Adobe Encore creates a Blu-Ray compliant stream. Your original stream obviously isn't Blu-Ray compatible. VLC and PowerDVD are much more forgiving than a standalone player.

If you don't replace the stream that Encore creates, I'm betting it will play fine on your BR player.
    I'm using BD Rebuilder to try to use the original mkv files, but it doesn't seems to works, there is any way to replace the adobe encore video for the mkv original?
    Last edited by RafaMR14; 3rd Apr 2020 at 09:56.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by RafaMR14 View Post

I'm using BD Rebuilder to try to use the original mkv files, but it doesn't seems to works, there is any way to replace the adobe encore video for the mkv original?
    You did it. It doesn't work. Your original stream does not meet Blu-Ray specifications in one or more ways. An obvious one is that Level High@L5 is not allowed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by RafaMR14 View Post

You did it. It doesn't work. Your original stream does not meet Blu-Ray specifications in one or more ways.
    But I supose that if the Adobe Encore encode works, there will be a way to re encode to make it work, I tried handbrake to re encode and works but don't know which exactly parameters use to not lose a lot of quality and not make a 3 GB file like encore
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you want a smaller file size, you can change the bitrate of the encoding preset within Encore.

Choose one of the presets under Blu-ray Transcode Settings.

Certain encoders like TMPGenc and Adobe Media Encoder can make Blu-Ray compatible streams. It can be done (I'm told) in ffmpeg or handbrake -- but you'll have to do a lot of experimenting and still may not succeed.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    If you want a smaller file size, you can change the bitrate of the encoding preset within Encore.

Choose one of the presets under Blu-ray Transcode Settings.
    The overall bitrate of the original file is 6000 kbs and the encore one 14 mbs, if I change it to above 6000 kbs, should not be a big quality lose right? and the file will be smaller
    Quote Quote  
  8. Any re-encode involves quality loss. You should probably test a short segment at different settings and see what you consider acceptable.

For more detail you might want to click on "What Is" on the header of this site and choose Blu Ray. (https://www.videohelp.com/hd) There are some good links within the page you get to.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This type of blog is of great importance to all those who, like me, have very limited knowledge about video editing and handling of editing tools. I hope they help me clarify some issues.
    Quote Quote