VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Is there any way to convert e-ac3 into core core ac3 or or dts-hd to core dts without loosing any quality?

I try to downconver e-ac3 to ac3 with tsmuxer 2.6.15 that has this option but DOESN'T do it.

And is there any other program like tsmuxer or mkvtoolnix that SUPPORT MORE files and it is light as program so i can run it into netbook like i do at mkvtoolnix or tsmuxer.

A lot of thanks for your time and answers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ou can do it in MKVToolNix - just go to the Simple Audio Convertor menu item
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mkvToolNix.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	53349  

SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    This picture doesn't mean anything at all.

I ask completely another thing.

One program that it was light so i can run it even at netbook.
    And one program that can't convert any audio(Mostly) type into any audio type.

I believe this picture you send me it is for clown bd program but this program stopped development anymore so....
    Quote Quote  
  4. @netmask56
    I don't know what software that screenshot is from, but it's not MKVToolNix.

Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    Is there any way to convert e-ac3 into core core ac3or or dts-hd to core dts without loosing any quality?
    You cannot always(*) convert e-ac3 to ac3 without losing at least some quality. But if you are lucky you won't hear any difference. You can do it using e.g. ffmpeg.

You can extract the DTS core of a DTS-HD MA file using eac3to, ffmpeg (bitstream filter "dca_core") or MKVToolNix (in the GUI select the DTS-HD MA track and tick "reduce to core").

(*) I think some but not all E-AC3 tracks may also have AC3 for compatibility, e.g. on Blu-Ray. eac3to can extract those AC3 parts, I think.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Dts-hd you can convert it to dts-core with mkvtoolnix but why you can't do the exact same thing with e-ac3 to ac3????
    Quote Quote  
  6. Like I said above: in some cases you can. But not when there is no AC3 part. Can't extract what does not exist in the first place. But you can always re-encode E-AC3 to AC3 if you need that for compatibility.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Ok tell me the lightest and easyest program to do that.
    E-ac3 to ac3 and loose as lower quality.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    @netmask56
    I don't know what software that screenshot is from, but it's not MKVToolNix.

Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    Is there any way to convert e-ac3 into core core ac3or or dts-hd to core dts without loosing any quality?
    You cannot always(*) convert e-ac3 to ac3 without losing at least some quality. But if you are lucky you won't hear any difference. You can do it using e.g. ffmpeg.

You can extract the DTS core of a DTS-HD MA file using eac3to, ffmpeg (bitstream filter "dca_core") or MKVToolNix (in the GUI select the DTS-HD MA track and tick "reduce to core").

(*) I think some but not all E-AC3 tracks may also have AC3 for compatibility, e.g. on Blu-Ray. eac3to can extract those AC3 parts, I think.
    Oops I typed the wrong name, so much for multitasking.... It's part of PopCorn MKV AudioConverter is a Matroska MKV DTS/AAC to MKV AC3 converter. https://www.videohelp.com/software/PopCorn-MKV-AudioConverter
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    That program you tell me it work only if i extract the audio e.t.c.

And it doesn't convert it to ac3 - core or dts core only at wav, mp3, wma.
    So it's useless.

And i don't want that again.

I want an alternative of tsmuxer or mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote