VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am looking a simple Windows OS video editor that would let me stack multiple MP3 files into an MP4 video stream. One MP3 might be background music. The second MP3 might be sound effects. The third MP3 might be narration. All need to play at the same time. What are some good options? I am thinking of Corel Video Studio but that has the downside of being a pretty complex tool. I am not interested in Adobe because of the subscription model.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Shotcut
    Try to avoid using mp3 as it is already compressed and will get compressed again during export to mp4. Plenty of tutorials at you tube.
    If you are recording your own narration, do it in wav format
    Last edited by super8rescue; 10th May 2020 at 05:42.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by super8rescue View Post
    Shotcut
    Try to avoid using mp3 as it is already compressed and will get compressed again during export to mp4. Plenty of tutorials at you tube.
    If you are recording your own narration, do it in wav format
    Well for a music soundtrack that is almost universally distributed as MP3. Is there any compressed sound format that would overcome the problem you are talking about? What about M4A?
    Quote Quote  
  4. m4a is unlikely to be recognised by any video edit software except apple software.
    If you have to use mp3 as your source material, then so be it.
    I would always favour starting with the best quality possible.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by super8rescue View Post
    m4a is unlikely to be recognised by any video edit software except apple software.
    If you have to use mp3 as your source material, then so be it.
    I would always favour starting with the best quality possible.
    That is not true (m4a recognition). All the pro apps do, and many consumer apps. What have you tried?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. recognised or not, m4a or MP3 is not a great choice of source content if you have a choice....
    There is so much choice not to begin a project with compressed media.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Of course not. I wasn't arguing that. Since quality always rolls downhill, best to always start with most pristine source files as possible. Which usually means uncompressed.
    But one has to work with what's available to one.

Scott
    Quote Quote