VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello to All,
    I have a Synology disk station. on that station I have a media server using the Video station, Audio station and Photo station. Normally when I access those videos I should be able to play them. But especially the files with extensions of VOB , ISO and some MPGs can not be played. IT says the required codecs does not exist. The ISOs are images of the dvds so one can not play them or is there a way to play them with all the menus and navigation they've got? But what about the VOBs and other MPGs. What are the opinions of experts who have up-to-date information in this field. Help please.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If some mpg (.mpg) files play and other do not.....check the audio codec used in the ones that don't.
    ISO images contain a VIDEO_TS folder from the original DVD.....and usually a blank AUDIO_TS folder.

https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/tutorial/Mobile/Can_my_Synology_NAS_t..._for_my_device
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. Check the video and audio codecs with mediainfo. Compare with the ones that does work.

Nope, you can't play isos with menus.
    Quote Quote