VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello - I currently have movie files stored on my pc which were originally converted by DVD Shrink to be burned to a DVD.

Now I have purchased an external hard drive and a new DVD player with USB (Philips DVP5992) which supports DivX. How do I convert these files into a proper format to the external hard drive.....which I will then plug into the DVD player to view without the need of a disk.

Thanks in advance for you help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. VOB2MPEG will convert to MPG files -- but if they are over 4 GB you won't be able to copy to the hard drive (FAT32 limitation). You'll probably want to use something like AutoGK to convert them to Divx/Xvid AVI files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok well I've downloaded the programs but dont understand what to do with the files....I've got one folder "VIDEO_TS". Inside that folder is 9 parts. One "VIDEO_TS" (Backup File of the IFO 6 KB), "VIDEO_TS" (MPEG FILE 6 KB), "VTS_O1_O" (Backup File of the IFO 62 KB, "VTS_01-0" (MPEG File 62 KB), "VTS_01-1" (DVD Movie 1,048,574 KB), "VTS_01-2" (DVD Movie a,048,574 KB), "VT5-01-3" (DVD Movie 1,048,574 KB), "VTS-01-4" (DVD Movie 1,048,574 KB, & "VTS_01-5" (DVD Movie 208,768 KB).

Would you please tell me what to do with these files in VobSub. I am a totally newbie so I really appreciate your help!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VOBSUB is a subtitle filter for playback. VOB2MPG will extract a movie length MPEG file from the VIDEO_TS folder.

AutoGK, as mentioned, should also work for you. If you look to the bottom of the AGK tool page, you will see a list of guides <<<<<<.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, just select the VIDEO_TS folder as the source in VOB2MPG. It will remux the VOB files into MPG files -- the whole movie (or each title) as one MPG.
    Quote Quote