VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have finally pulled finger and begun sorting out my movie collection. Principally from about 10 years of recording off my STB, as well as ripping my substantial DVD collection, I have a fairly large collection - about 4,500 films and about 3,500 TV episodes.

The media is all being centralised on an Asustor NAS, currently outfitted with 16TB of usable storage. The clients are a smart TV and a media PC running Kodi (Lounge), an android media player running Kodi (bedroom) and an older WD Live (spare room)

The movies and TV series are all copied across. The work fine on all media players and the TV using DLNA.

The NAS also has Plex server on it. So I have launched that and set it chugging to scrape metadata. It seems to have scraped the metada quite happily for all films with names starting A-F, and then steadfastly refuses to scrape any more. Films starting with a number or A-F all have cover art and metadata, anything else just has a screen-grab thumbnail and no metadata.

I have hit library refresh, forced a refresh, and left it running over night. All to no effect, it steadfastly refuses to scrape any more metadata. And it's really bugging me.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Solved, for what its worth, in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Adding films in batches of around 3-400 per night, and doing a library refresh after each batch, seemed to work.
    Quote Quote