VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like to use VSDC Video Editor to edit things such as cursing and sexual scenes out of some of the movies I own. (I use my copy only, and I don't distribute the edited versions, don't worry). So, the whole process consists of just trimming the movie and removing things. No added effects or pizazz at all. When I export it, it would make sense for the file size to be the same, or even smaller. But, when I go to export it, the size increases, sometimes quite dramatically. Sometimes when the file size was originally around 3 GB, I have even had times when the export was 10+ GB! What presets should I be using in order to just cut the bits out of the video? While also retaining original quality and frame dimensions? The only solutions I've found have been to reduce the quality pretty harshly, and I don't want to do that. I've kind of settled for around 6 GB, but I want it to be close to the original size! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This can be done with Videoredo (payware). No quality loss, no reencode, except near the cuts.
    In the software section you can find free alternatives, but they do not cut frame accurate.
    Last edited by ProWo; 7th Jan 2021 at 03:08.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    This can be done with Videoredo (payware). No quality loss, no reencode, except near the cuts.
    In the software section you can find free alternatives, but they do not cut frame accurate.
    Thanks for the idea! I would much rather have freeware, so I will have to check the software section.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you can live with cuts limited to be at key frames than the program Avidemux is simple to use. Just set the video and audio output to "Copy" so that Avidemux will not re-encode the source material. There are many free programs that will do the same. If you need frame accurate cutting then you could try the free program VidCutter. Both programs are available on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnnyquid View Post
    If you can live with cuts limited to be at key frames than the program Avidemux is simple to use. Just set the video and audio output to "Copy" so that Avidemux will not re-encode the source material. There are many free programs that will do the same. If you need frame accurate cutting then you could try the free program VidCutter. Both programs are available on this site.
    Thank you! I will try VidCutter!
    Quote Quote