VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    y is this program WAY slower than any of the other one's i have? and is there any way to speed it up?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What codec are you using? (What format are you encoding to?) The speed of encoding is dependent on your CPU speed, your codec settings and the codec used. Generally, higher quality means longer encodes.

SUPER is a good all around converter, especially for odd format conversions, but if you are using any of the popular codecs like Xvid, Divx or MPEG, there are better programs out there.

And you can speed it up by reducing quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what are the better programs that u speak of?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use VirtualDub Mod most of the time with the Xvid or Divx codecs for those type of conversions. For DVD to Xvid or Divx conversions, AutoGK or FairUse Wizard.

For MPEG, usually the payware TMPGEnc encoder, or there are quite a few more encoders for that format. CCE is faster than TMPGEnc, then there is Mainconcept, Procoder, and other payware encoders. And a few freeware ones like HC or QuEnc.

Take a look in our 'Tools' section. Most of the widely used converters, codecs and encoding programs are listed there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    converting any from or to h264 & x264 will be really slow, especailly converting MKV files with hi-res content and h264 codec
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Try WinFF: www.biggmatt.com Excellent all around Encoder with far less bloat than SUPER
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx i'll try that
    Quote Quote