VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. alright, i have tried everything, TMPG 12h keeps freezing, i tried Chopper which gives me a error message, and i have tried many others, how do i chop it in hatf?!?!?!
    Quote Quote  
  2. have you ever try bbmpeg? it works fine for me.
    Note: there is a guide about it in this web site
    (How to/Edit part)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why would you ever cut it afterwards ? I use the "source range" in the advanced tab in tmpgenc !! Try it out !! Works great for me Hopefully for you too.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The downside of using the source range in tmpgenc is that if your video has a lot of the action in one half or the other - you don't get good bit allocation.

Quite often when I do a whole movie, then use BBMPeg to split it into two pieces I find that one piece is 65 minutes while the other piece is 56 minutes.

I use BBMPeg to split it into two pieces, then I do it a second time using the timestamp of a good scene to do the cut near the place BBMPeg split. Gives me really nice transitions (a little more work, but worth it).
    Quote Quote  
  5. bbMpeg is definatly the way to go. tmpeg doesnt multiplex for svcd correctly, so the fact that you have to demultiplex it to cut it in bbmpeg is not a bad thing. Tmpeg is probably crashinh because it puts the whole damn file you're cutting in memory as it does it (windows will say its not responding, but tmpg is still in the process of cutting the file).
    Quote Quote