VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have the latest version of DVD Shrink, Nero 2018, and, AnyDVD 8.1.7.1 (Beta.)
    I open a disc in AnyDvd, but I can't get that opened disc to then open in DVD Shrink, so I can then export it to Nero. AnyDVD and Nero were installed after I downloaded and installed DVD Shrink. Should I delete all three, reinstall them with DVD Shrink being last to be reinstalled? Or, what is causing this problem. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the disc copied
    To your HDD ?? Try that, then open the file
    With dvdshrink.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    October;

Until I seem similar topics, after I posted this thread, I didn't know you could "rip" a disc to a file on your hard drive. I even had to Google to find out how to do that. So, soon, when I have a disc I want to "make a back up of" I'll be trying that method-after I uninstall both Nero, and, DVD Shrink, reinstalling first Nero then DVD Shrink.

Thanks for the advice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried "ripping" a disc with AnyDVD to my Hard Drive. It appears that it can't copy an IFO file, and, any resulting file can't be read by ShrinkDVD. Once the disc is read by AnyDVD, I'm right clicking on the tray icon, and, selecting "copy to hard drive. In ShrinkDVD I'm selecting open file. Is this the correct procedure? If not, what is? And, if it is, why can AnyDVD copy that ifo file?
    An additional problem, NeroRecode "failed to import the DVD structure" I'm guessing that it can't detect a disc in my ROM drive, or, it's not recognizing that I have a ROM drive.
    Help with both of these issues will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by agent222; 20th Nov 2018 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What movie are you trying to copy ??
    And are you using the free version or
    The paid version?? Watch this YouTube tutorial - https://youtu.be/EbIZObfoQXU
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've had better luck with Passkey and DVDShrink.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVDFab-Passkey
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ant Man and the Wasp. AnyDvd is a beta of v8.1.7.1 cracked. Nero 2018 with a supposed permanent license. DVDShrink is freeware as you know. I've used CloneDVD2 in the past, but don't have a current ok license.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDShrink will not open some dvd's. With Anydvd copy dvd to folders, not iso. (on computer). Then with dvdshrink, open folders, walla!

(this allus works for me)

edit: occaisionally I need to use "Fixvts" & then anydvd.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/FixVTS
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cornemuse; What I have been trying is letting AnyDVD scan the disc, then right clicking on the tray icon, selecting the "copy to hard disc" option. The problem, as I have tried to explain, during the copy process I get an error message that shows a red 'x' in the upper left hand corner, and, appears to mention an nfo file.
    The resulting file won't open in DVD.
    To top it off, the disc-which, as far as I can determine, has had the copy protection removed, doesn't work in NeroRecode, getting the message " failed to import the DVD structure.
    Would "Fixvts" solve any of this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    agent222,

Fixvts only works on hdd files. (*.vob files inside video _ts)
    What dvd is it you are attempting to rip?

-c-
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ant-Man and the Wasp.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It happens 'rarely' that I run across a dvd that I cannot rip. Maybe this is one of them.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cornemuse; you just maybe right for this movie, or, this particular disc of this movie. fixvts has a problem with it, as does DVD Fab Passkey. AnyDVD seems able to open it. But initially has a list of problems, including missmatch of disc and played regions, and, that the disc maybe dirty. But using earlier versions of AnyDVD, and, Recode, to copy Solo, I don't recall seeing that list of possible errors from AnyDVD. Both were released by Disney imprints this year.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cornemuse;
    Tried a different movie to try to "rip". (Incredibles 2) Gently cleaned disc before hand. AnyDVD seemed to open it, but when I tried to create a file from it, it goes through a number of title sets, then starts to copy, stops after less than 10% DVDFab Passkey seems to try and open it, runs for over a minute, but never indicates if it opens it. Even if AnyDVD has opened the disc, NeroRecode either isn't recognizing my CD R/w DVD R drive, or, doesn't recognize that there is a disc in that drive. This is the third Disney imprint movie I've tried to rip. Either Disney has improved it's encryption since Solo, I have faulty software, or, there's something wrong with my computer. Both my DVD drives aren't showing under this PC, although both AnyDVD, and DVDFAb Passkey seem to know my CD RW/DVD W drive is there there when I have a disc in it. And I can usually write to the DVD RW drive from Nero.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by agent222 View Post
    Cornemuse;
    Tried a different movie to try to "rip". (Incredibles 2) Gently cleaned disc before hand. AnyDVD seemed to open it, but when I tried to create a file from it, it goes through a number of title sets, then starts to copy, stops after less than 10% DVDFab Passkey seems to try and open it, runs for over a minute, but never indicates if it opens it. Even if AnyDVD has opened the disc, NeroRecode either isn't recognizing my CD R/w DVD R drive, or, doesn't recognize that there is a disc in that drive. This is the third Disney imprint movie I've tried to rip. Either Disney has improved it's encryption since Solo, I have faulty software, or, there's something wrong with my computer. Both my DVD drives aren't showing under this PC, although both AnyDVD, and DVDFAb Passkey seem to know my CD RW/DVD W drive is there there when I have a disc in it. And I can usually write to the DVD RW drive from Nero.
    dvdfab should have no problems copying ant-man and the wasp or the Incredibles 2. try updating your AnyDVD software and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I already have the latest version of AnyDVD, beta, but as far as I can tell, the latest
    Quote Quote