VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! I have create a SUP file and i wanna burn it to my video files with Vidcoder but i cant! I can only add SRT files! I try to converte it to .idx file and added with mkvmerge added fine but i dont see nothing inside my video files! Any help ?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Make sure you haven't ticked "forced only" if the lines you want aren't marked as such.

The sup is from Blu-Ray and 1920x1080 resolution? Is your video cropped/resized to something lower than 1920x1080?
    Last edited by sneaker; 8th Mar 2019 at 03:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Make sure you haven't ticked "forced only" if the lines you want aren't marked as such.

The sup is from Blu-Ray and 1920x1080 resolution? Is your video cropped/resized to something lower than 1920x1080?
    I have create a SUP file with SubtitleCreator! Then i wanna add this SUP file include my video i try it but not working! I try with mkvmerge!
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1. Why do you create SUP instead of SRT?
    2. What is "not working"? Any error message? From mkvmerge? From VidCoder?

Show MediaInfo ("View"->"Text") of your subtitle and mkv files. Attach subtitle file here. Show VidCoder settings and log.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    1. Why do you create SUP instead of SRT?
    2. What is "not working"? Any error message? From mkvmerge? From VidCoder?

Show MediaInfo ("View"->"Text") of your subtitle and mkv files. Attach subtitle file here. Show VidCoder settings and log.
    Because i wanna create subs with color and put it in the center of the video file! Can i do it this to a srt file ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. No, but you can do it using VobSubs, ASS and SSA subs. Can you convert the SUP file to IDX/SUB (Vobsubs)?

Subs in the middle of the video?
    Quote Quote  
  7. VidCoder supports some SRT tags like color and alignment. In SubtitleEdit right-click one or multiple lines and set "Color" or "Alignment" and save to SRT.

Result would look like this:
    Code:
    00:00:31,532 --> 00:00:34,243
    {\an5}<font color="#ff0000">(FLÜSTERN AUF ELBISCH)</font>

00:00:34,660 --> 00:00:37,704
    {\an5}<font color="#ff0000">Die Welt ist im Wandel.</font>

00:00:37,913 --> 00:00:40,916
    {\an5}<font color="#ff0000">Ich spüre es im Wasser.</font>
    {\an5} is alignment in center and ff0000 is red color.

(Normally I wouldn't recommend this but if you are hardcoding anyways there isn't much harm using this bastard format. Otherwise I would recommend ASS like manono but specifically for VidCoder SRT has the advantage of not needing to mux video and subtitle together first.)
    Quote Quote