VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off, this might not be the correct section but seemed the most relevant.

I am converting an .mkv video file to VOB using DVD Flick. I keep almost all the standard settings and leave the audio encoding set to auto and it chooses 5.1 Surround (I am able to specify mono, stereo or 5.1). When i look at the source audio track it tells me its: AC3 CBR, 48000 Hz, 6 channels. The conversion completes without any errors. I am able to play the movie fine with both PowerDVD and VLC media player.

The problem I am having is when i go to watch the movie on my DVD player. There isn't any audio.

I have a Yamaha RX-V661 AV Receiver and a Sony RDR-GX330 DVD player.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my DVD player having a problem or with DVD Flick not converting .mkv format correctly. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It might not convert the audio.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe you could recommend a good converter for .mkv files that is of superb quality since i can't seem to get DVD Flick to work correctly.

EDIT: or is there something i'm missing. I've gone through all the settings on my standalone DVD player but nothing i change does anything. I know there is audio because when i play the DVD on my computer there is audio.
    Quote Quote