VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have a few HDTV recording that I want to convert to SD quality to AVI/MP4 format.
    The recording have the following codec (H264, MPEG-4, AVC (part-10), (h264)), resolution 1440x1080, frame rate 50.
    I would like to have a file with codec MPEG-4 video (DIVX) (preferred)
    or H264 - mpeg-4 AVC (part-10), avc1, resolution, 720x540, frame rate 23.97 or similar.

I am new to video conversion so forgive me if the above does not make sense.
    I am running Mac OS X, but can run Linux for conversion, but not Windows.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try the old handbrake 0.9.3 if you want an avi divx/xvid. And convert to 25fps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fool2video View Post
    I am running Mac OS X, but can run Linux for conversion, but not Windows.
    Just so you know should you decide to stick around here beyond your one post, any time you say "I am running Mac OS X" then your post needs to go in our Mac forum. If you are running Mac, then 99% of the time you need Mac specific help. Putting your post in our Mac forum makes it show up on the main website with a special symbol and we have people who look for that.

Your task can easily be done under Windows. The old version of Handbrake is probably your easiest way, but you'll have to search for that old version. I think that ffmpeg runs on Mac and it can also do that, but I don't use ffmpeg so I can't offer anything more specific than you can use it. Under Linux I think ffmpeg is probably your only option. Stick to Mac. As limited as your choices are under Mac, they're better than under Linux.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hybrid is also able to convert to avi, but it's probably not the best choice if you are new to video conversions. (but it should be easier than using ffmpeg via command line)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or iFFmpeg. Not free though.

I moved you to our mac section.
    Quote Quote