VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello I was hoping someone could help me out with the My Movie Collection Management. I have asked around in their forum but I seem to get no where.

So here is my problem. I am putting my TV collection onto my NAS. I obiously use my movie and use it on WMC as well. Lets use The Unit as my example. I am putting Season 1 into my NAS I have 4 seasons of The Unit. Each season multiple Episodes. I need to get one master metadata account in my movies. The reason for this is because when I go to WMC i dont want to see 13 episodes in my choices for scrolling through movies. I want to be able to click The Unit Thumbnail then choose a season and then choose an individual episode. I have seen screen shots of this so i know its do able. I just cant do it (;

heres what happens when i try...

AS you can see I have failed! lol here are the links of what i have tried

http://www.mymovies.dk/framehelper.aspx?g=posts&m=98651𘅛

http://v2.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&m=98487𘂷

Thanks for taking the time to look!!! (;
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oops looks like you need an account with them to see their forums...sorry couldnt find edit to just take that part out...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As far as i am aware WMC is showing you the files themselves, the Meta Data is just shown by it being in the same folder as the files.

Because of this, One metadata file in a folder with 4 videos, will show 4 times in WMC, all using the only data available in that folder in order to create its thumbnails etc etc.

The issue here is more with WMC i think rather than MyMovies. Thats as far as i can tell if i understand what your saying correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I probably didnt say it correctly haha. In WMC it shows each file from The Unit rather than One Master file with subfiles in side of it.

Here is what i am trying to retrieve. These pics are not from me but from the my movies forum and i get no response from anyone in there..

Here is from other forum that the guy suggests. which i did exactly so not sure whats going on...

Are you keeping the ripped DVD on your hard disk drive in the VIDEO_TS folder structure?

Maybe it sounds like the title in the Collection Management is set to an offline disc. Find one of the problem titles in the Collection Management, click the Disc(s) button and make sure it's an online folder pointing to the correct DVD folder in your file structure. Do not point it at the actual VIDEO_TS folder but the folder above it for example if the path was:

DVDs\NameofTVShow\Disc1\VIDEO_TS you would select the "Disc1" folder in the Collection Management - Assign Discs dialogue.

eniac wrote:fourth, like i said, i got ton of kid/baby dvds that consist of multi-episode on the same dvd, what's my best option ? rip all episodes separately and put in my videos ? (easier to select them) or .. something else ?

If its one DVD disc that contains multiple episodes and you rip the entire DVD to the VIDEO_TS folder, when you play that DVD the original DVD title menu will still remain and you can select the episodes from the title menu as you would normally. This is only going on the PC however. I haven't actually ripped a DVD that is a TV show and then tried to play it on an extender. So I wonder how the inbuilt transcoder handles the playback of DVD's that are TV shows with multiple episodes, I suspect it would just start playing the first to last one and you'd have no control over which episode to select? Maybe someone else can fill us in here?

So maybe if you rip the episodes seperately as you said and you could then have one title in Collection Management and assign multiple discs in the Assign Discs dialogue for each episode. Each episode would need to be in it's own folder. I did this for Star Wars The Clone Wars TV show. When I press play I get a long list of Episodes and their names that I can select.

Not sure if this is the best way really as 99% of my titles in My Movies are movies and not TV shows any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote