VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone!

Has anyone an idea how to edit multiple videos at once?

This is what I need: I work in an office and we daily make several videos. Since we are all in homeoffice now the videos are a bit too big (around 1.7gb - downloading takes some time). I need a program that edits them automatically with preset options so that I just upload the videos into the program, do some other work meanwhile and as soon the program has finished I have edited videos.

Kind regards,

Richard
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks, I will have a look into it
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by “edit”?
    Add music? Titles? Cut boring gar-barge?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi!
    By edit I simply mean to reduce the size..
    Greetings
    Quote Quote  
  5. You are looking for a batch re-encoder that can handle your input files.

You need to figure out what output codec and encoding preset you need, then choose a program which supports it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi!
    I am a total noob at this.. Thanks for the info.. I just hoped to find an automated software to do this for me..
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by fry3000fry View Post
    By edit I simply mean to reduce the size..
    That's not editing. It's (re)compression. ffmpeg with batch processing is perfect for that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. THX for your support!!! Greetings
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi, I know what you are talking about. Having so many videos with the wrong size, not all the programs could manage to work with this challenge. Luckily, I am working with a great app that could help you in this situation. It has a lot of functions there, but in this case, all you need to do is import your high-quality video there and find how to save it in a smaller size. It has this possibility that is very helpful and easy to find. There are different kinds of sizes. You just choose what is suitable for you. You can find the app by searching davinci resolve plugins. I am sure it will help you. Good luck!
    Last edited by quesadilia; 16th Nov 2022 at 18:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, don't use one. None are as good as even the basic desktop NLEs. And "automated" for editing is a pipe dream, unless your AI is so smart that it can guess what you were wanting.

Scott
    Quote Quote