VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. www.dvdplayers.co.uk/mercury-220.htm

Check out this CD Player. It is a personal CD Player but it supports MPŁ Discs and VCD's!!!!!!! A Personal CD player which supports VCD's, how? I dont know. Just ordered it, I'll let you guys know![/url]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    http://www.first2view.co.uk/Mercury_VCD_MP3_Player_video_on_VCD_.htm

I have the player it will play all your VCDs as long as they are formatted as a standard VCD ie 1150 CBR otherwise it dont matter if they are original or CDR backups ! Also it has to be ran of the mains not battery when playing VCD's !

And its Ł55 from the link above ! 8)
    KILL A MAN BE A MURDERER, KILL A THOUSAND BE A CONQUEROR, KILL EVERYONE BE A GOD !
    Quote Quote  
  3. It "looks" like a clone of the NAPA MP3/VCD portable CD player...

Feature set seems similar/identical too.

If so, you should do a quick review on the comments for the NAPA unit. There are quite a few bad commentaries (and good ones too)...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The quality is as with any movie if the source is good the playback is good !
    And yes its basically a clone of the napa units ! the only downside is the lid is a bit flimsy !
    KILL A MAN BE A MURDERER, KILL A THOUSAND BE A CONQUEROR, KILL EVERYONE BE A GOD !
    Quote Quote  
  5. Well, actually, the actual player makes a big difference to the end quality as well.

For example, read a few posts of former Apex DVD owners who have upgraded to a better player...

Or another example, try viewing a VCD on your PC with WMP with and without hardware acceleration. A little bit of filtering goes a long way...

The NAPA from memory was plagued with a number of problems including stuttering playback on apparently completely compliant VCDs...

Regards.
    Michael Tam
    w: Morsels of Evidence
    Quote Quote