VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I spent a whole week to create a short video by APE 11, in which I flipped one video clip horizontally to work with the storyboard.
    Everything looks perfect when playback on timeline. However, when output working file to MP4 (1980 x 1080), all images and layout in the MP4 file were all Left/Right flipped. I edited more than 50 video files by APE 11 previously but none of them went wrong like today.
    I then tested it again by converting an old working file to MP4 with APE 11, same result, all images flipped.
    Later today, I upgraded to APE12 and converted new and old Adobe Premier working files again, no luck, all flipped, including text.

Very frustrated, what's wrong with me ? I recall that I didn't make any setting changed on APE. Only installed one trial version of video editing software yesterday but uninstalled it after finding it's useless.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    So it looks fine when you play it on the timeline and only one single clip is flipped but when you export the timelineto a video file all clips are flipped?

I find that hard to believe.
    Quote Quote  
  3. First rule out a playback issue. How are you determining they are "flipped"? What software ? Do other unrelated clips (MP4 and other file types) play normally, or are they "flipped" as well ? Try another media player e.g. VLC, MPCHC, Potplayer, SMPlayer, etc...

Try another export format, like uncompressed AVI , just for a short test to see if that is "flipped" also
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I reinstalled everything, and they are back to normal now.
    Thanks for all advice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So an Adobe Premiere Elements "silent bug" was the perpetrator?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    So an Adobe Premiere Elements "silent bug" was the perpetrator?
    Could be my computer.....
    I downloaded one trial version third party video editing software, hoping to solve the issue but uninstalled it after finding useless....
    Quote Quote