VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. OK< using 0.5, and whenever I create a button, it has a fairly thick line around it, and the color is never consistent, and it shows up on my finished product when viewed with DVD player, but only sometimes on my standalone player, is there any way to make sure this outline goes away? I've gotten file prep down perfect, I've got menu creation & navigation down perfect, the ^&*(&%$ outlines on my buttons is my only hangup!!!
    HELP!
    Actually it's a simple process now:
    Take input file (avi, mpeg1 or mpeg2, divx, xvid), run through ffmpegX to DVD standards, check "leave elementary streams" and UNCHECK "author as DVD" Make sure your audio is set to ac3, very important!!!
    Encode (if you have slow machine like me, sleep overnight!) An hour of TV will roughly give you 650-750 megs of m2v video, and 135-145 megs of ac3 audio.
    Create Table of Contents in Sizzle, Add Title, input your video stream, input your audio stream, and for now, create basic button on TOC, with "go to menu", select title 1, on title menu, create button with "go to chapter 1", create another button for go to TOC. Repeat as needed for other titles, I find six half hour episodes or three one hour ones work nice. NOW go back to your TOC and drop in a graphic and fine tune your button fonts, colors, etc, same for menus, finish, save. Close Sizzle. (I don't know why, but if I try to create my disc image, it goes wonky on me unless I close the program and restart it) Create your disc image. Sleep again if you're still on the old G3 or G4...
    Mount disc image, and CHECK YOUR NAVIGATION BEFORE BURNING!!!! My gf was all impressed with her custom Charmed disc, until the navigation didn't work right and she could only watch one of the episodes....CHECK IT AGAIN, and if all is well, burn your disc, and enjoy!!!
    Like I said, all I need is to figure out how to get rid of those lines, and I'll be most happy!!!
    Other notes, create your backgrounds at 640x480, for some reason, other sizes of the same aspect don't look right, and Sizzle does make them slightly paler than they look in Photoshop. You can also create your button desings in there, and simply put a button with no words in Sizzle in the same spot, but your mouse may not pick them up in DVD player in the right spot, but on your standalone, they'll be fine!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I, too, have the hugely-thick-bordered-button issue; is there any way to make it go away? It actually sometimes overlaps the text on my authored discs, so when I use smaller font sizes, you lose a lot of the text to the border.
    Jason Levine
    Q Daily News
    Quote Quote