VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I saw a very nice Youtube video of BIOS settings. It was made whilst using AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable (LGP).
    A big shortcoming on my side, but to be honest until today I never heard of this possibility.
    (Note: while the product name includes 'gamer' - I myself don't play games).

From what I understand the connection goes as follows:
    Videocard->HDMI cable->LGP
    LGP->HDMI cable->Monitor

HDMI connector at the back of the monitor is a bit complicated to reach, hardly visible, monitor should be turned over.

Wonder, if I don't use LGP, should I do the plugging and unplugging session each time?

BTW, though this AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable (LGP) really looks nice and handy, are there any other products with
    similar features and quality?

Thanks
    =
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Not sure I understand, since it sounds like you've found a device that will do it. But I've done it with the Startech USB3HDCAP. It has an option than allows it to automatically scale any of its supported incoming resolutions to your desired capture resolution, so you don't have to change any settings to capture the 640x480 BIOS and the rest of the bootup to 1920x1080 for example.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi there, thanks for getting on this.
    You may wish to do a Google search on: "asus avermedia live game portable youtube BIOS" (without quotes).
    You will see quite a number of videos of BIOS screens recorded using the LGP.

However, as said, if the -only- purpose is to record BIOS screens, then the LGP is a kind of 'overkill'.
    Likely the product is meant for gamers(?) and so it has multiple uses.

In my case, I don't play games, to it is bit expensive. Therefore I am looking for alternatives...

Just now(!) so I don't have it worked out and don't know it will work..
    I have a Sony Cybertshot DSC100M3 - it has a HDMI connector.
    I was wondering about the following.
    buy a Micro HDMI to DVI-D Cable
    connect DVI-D to videocard (currenly monitor is using the HDMI output)

then..
    maybe(!) it will record the BIOS screens as well:
    the camera can playback images and video thru the HDMI connector, but it can also record.

again, I don't know.
    the idea is that in this case the camera is doing the same as the LGP but using a different output (DVI-D)

however, maybe there are easier solutions..

https://www.dpreview.com/files/p/articles/9874469037/images/right.jpeg

=
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vhwul62 View Post
    I have a Sony Cybertshot DSC100M3 - it has a HDMI connector.
    I was wondering about the following.
    buy a Micro HDMI to DVI-D Cable
    connect DVI-D to videocard (currenly monitor is using the HDMI output)

then..
    maybe(!) it will record the BIOS screens as well:
    the camera can playback images and video thru the HDMI connector, but it can also record.

again, I don't know.
    the idea is that in this case the camera is doing the same as the LGP but using a different output (DVI-D)

however, maybe there are easier solutions..

https://www.dpreview.com/files/p/articles/9874469037/images/right.jpeg

=
    No. All you can do with a camera is take a picture of the screen in the usual way. An HDMI port is a one-way connection. The HDMI connection on a camera can only be used to display images or video on a connected TV or monitor. It cannot be used to record from a connected video source.

One of the connections in your photo is a USB port, the other is HDMI.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 26th May 2017 at 12:06.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry for the delay.
    Thanks a lot. I have been searching for a solution (like search for: HDMI in recorder)
    but bottom line probably there is no 'easy' one, sadly enough.
    Except for buying hardware that is.
    Anyway, thanks again.

=
    Quote Quote