VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've acquired a Sony DCR-TRV460, and when I try to play Hi8 or Video 8 recorded tapes in it, I get the following issue accompanied by the occasional blue screen. The camcorder is set to 'Auto' determine if a tape is Digital8 or Hi8/Video8, and that setting jumps back and forth, so I forced it to Hi8/Video8 in the Menu.

[Attachment 77612 - Click to enlarge]

I was able to clean the head and drum with 91% and it appeared very clean. To my rookie eyes, this really doesn't look to me to be an alignment issue from what I've seen videos about.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Is this the viewfinder or the actual captured footage?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's like this in the viewfinder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    That wasn't my question, I want to know if the actual footage has the pattern or just the viewfinder, If it's in the actual footage then it could be a bad chip, unseated ribbon cable, capacitors failure, dry/cracked solder joints ..etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's both in the viewfinder and on output. The attached photo is of the output. All tapes do this on this camera. I then played the tapes in a good working Hi8 camcorder, and they exhibited this issue initially for a second, then straighten themselves out.
    Quote Quote