VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Right now I use Optodisc media with my A04 , they work great in the XBOX and my Samsung M301. But when used in PS2 it just freezes after 2-3 seconds. I think a version 5 PS2. My question is whats the best media for PS2 playback. Im leaning towards Samsung's BeAll .
    Quote Quote  
  2. TDK's work pretty well for me.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim dvd-r Datalife is very good. No freezing, no coasters.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've swapped Meritlines DVD Pro's (Princo ) with other PS2 owners, and I also own a PS2.

They all play flawlessly as long as it's under 4gigs. My collection spans more than 300 personal titles, plus another 500 I've burnt for other people using multiple brand DVD players, but all Princo media.

Ritek, and Samsung's BeAll are better discs, support 4gigs+, but also cost more than $0.60 a piece. I go for the Riteks before the Samsung's for no reason other than I like them better.

When I place an order I go for 500 Princos, and 200 Riteks. You should try a sample pack, or order a couple of each brand to see what works.

You should also make sure you have the latest DVD player software, and firmware for your PS2, some of the first ones made have problems reading DVD-R's.

The first three DVD's I made didn't work with PS2's, or would have suttering problems, however playback in an Apex was perfect. I now only use DVD Maestro's Pre Mastering tool, or Verritas (Record Now, Primo DVD) instead of Nero, and haven't had a problem since.
    But that was also a year and half ago, I'd hope Nero's fixed that bug since then
    Quote Quote