VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I know they're still very expensive but does anyone have experience with burning and playing back BD50's? I just burned my first one and it kills my PS3's plus my Insignia right around the layer change. They completely freeze up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is it a blank/player combo? Do players just have problems playing them back?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I ONLY have used Verbatim BD-R DL media. Period. ALL other brands are shaky. ALL OF THEM. Taiyo Yuden does not make BD-R DL media. Verbatim is the ONLY trustworthy brand.

Now having made that painfully clear, my Momitsu region free BD player is fussy about media. It will play those discs, but sometimes the play without a hitch and sometimes the Momitsu has a few minor problems, but the next time I try the same disc it will be fine. I only trust Verbatim media and burning with ImgBurn. Using any other media or program to burn is asking for problems. Insignia is a pretty cheap brand from China. I'd expect you'll have issues with any BD-R DL media but you'll have the best chance for success with Verbatim and ImgBurn. The "freeze up at the layer break" problem was known on older DVD players by the way, regardless of media. It could just be that your player will have issues with any BD-R DL disc.
    Quote Quote