VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    I tried using IFO edit to create a DVD from 3 vob files. However, when I play the DVD, the original chaptering is gone. How can I create a totally new chapters so that I can play in my DVD players.
    Advance thanks for your advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You create chapters in ifoedit by adding a celltimes.txt,it displays like this:
    Code:
    The numbers you see are the frames in the movie,google for more info about it.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have been googling . But i am a little bit confuse. How do i load the video in IFO edit ? I have 3 vob files. i have the "celltimes" ready. but how to put them into thress differnt bvob. I really do not how. can u provide me the guide link ? i need a step by step guide.

Basically i have a VIDEO_TS with vob and IFO but no chaptering. Therefore i cant forward or backward the video.

Please help . Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use VOB2MPG to extract the video and audio data from the VOBs into MPG files. Use DVD Styler to properly author. Far simpler than IFOEdit in the long run.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you're authoring in 'Create IFOs', you can't add chapters. You'll have to use IFOEdit's reauthoring section (DVD Author->Author New DVD). Better would be to use Muxman which takes video, audio, and chapters in the same format as does IFOEdit.

Demux your VOBs (DGIndex is one way- File->Save Project and Demux Video), then add in the M2V and audio that was created. The Celltimes.txt is created in the frame number format as described by johns0. It's 25fps if for PAL and 29.97fps if for NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Use VOB2MPG to extract the video and audio data from the VOBs into MPG files. Use DVD Styler to properly author. Far simpler than IFOEdit in the long run.
    hi
    why do u need to demux to mpg before authoring ? Isnt vob file also a video file. why cant we do a chaptering in vob file .

sorry for being newbie.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are the VOB files from the same titleset ?
    Are they the complete titleset ?

Personally, I find that taking VOBs from point A to point B and trying to create a new disc is often more trouble than it is worth. It is a simple step to get the contents back to either a program or elementary streams and author a new disc. This way I know what I have, rather than hoping that what was in the VOBs is actually stable and correct.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger

Personally, I find that taking VOBs from point A to point B and trying to create a new disc is often more trouble than it is worth. It is a simple step to get the contents back to either a program or elementary streams and author a new disc. This way I know what I have, rather than hoping that what was in the VOBs is actually stable and correct.

Here my answer :
    Yes.
    No.

Actually i tried to rip my DVD. It has 3 VOB files. But while ripping the 3rd VOB files, my pc cant read the disc. Now i left so called 2.5 VOB file which i wanna to build them to a DVD.
    I used IFO edit to built the video with DVD compliance, however without chaptering. Without chaptering is very difficut for my son to watch the video as there are lots of episode in the video and he like to swtich chapter from chapter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another reason to try to get the video and audio into another container, rather than try to salvage a broken one.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote