VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Having trouble with new USB 2 Pioneer A08 on PC's with USB 2 PCI cards. The drive worked fine with a newer PC that came with USB 2. All machines are running XP Service Pack 1.

On the two machines that have the USB 2 PCI cards, I get a "SCSI command aborted" event comment in Nero and the burn fails within 30 seconds of starting. Nothing else is plugged in to the USB ports and I have everything disabled in msconfig startup. It will burn if connected to USB 1 port but it takes 90 minutes.

I do all of my video editing on my 2 year old Sony Vaio and I would very much like to be able to burn DVD's using the A08 if at all possible so I look forward to your help.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The USB drivers in Windows XP need updating, I think M$ has the answer to this problem in their tech library. Do not continue with the external burner as you will never stop creating coaters.

The other alternative is to mount that drive in your tower and that will fix your problem.

Sorry, to date I haven't been able to locate the correct update.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Got it! Updated to XP Service Pack 2 and changed out PCI USB 2 card to a different one. Seems to be fine now; burning at 8x.

Thanks,

seandvd
    Quote Quote