VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there anything like the FLVExtract tool where I can just drag a video to it and get the audio track, preferably in WAV?
    It's annoying having to create an avisynth script, fix the name and path, open in virtualdub and save the WAV file every time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Download a static build of ffmpeg. Place ffmpeg.exe in a folder in your "path".

Place this .bat file on your desktop.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "%1" -acodec pcm_s16le "%~n1.wav"
    Drop a video file on it and a wav file is create in the same folder as the video.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Download a static build of ffmpeg. Place ffmpeg.exe in a folder in your "path".

Place this .bat file on your desktop.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i "%1" -acodec pcm_s16le "%~n1.wav"
    Drop a video file on it and a wav file is create in the same folder as the video.
    Even better, put the bat file in your SendTo folder. Then you can right click on any A/V file and select Send To -> NameOf.bat.

The location of the SendTo folder varies by Windows version. Click on the Start menu and search for "shell:sendto"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks guys, this bat method is a good idea. But where do I put ffmpeg.exe because videos are all over my computer and I can't put ffmpeg in every folder. And can the output path for the WAV be fixed to one location?
    Quote Quote  
  5. put ffmpeg.exe in c:\windows or c:\windows\system or c:\windows\system32. Or you can put it anywhere but update your system path to include that folder. Or use the full path to ffmpeg.exe in your batch file.

Code:
    "c:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -i "%1" -acodec pcm_s16le "%~n1.wav"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Audacity to extract the audio stream from video files. While it's really an audio editor/processor it'll happily do this ... took me a while to think of it because it doesn;t seem an obvious application. I just export it to a file with no conversion. Audacity has decent batch processing too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. And can the output path for the WAV be fixed to one location?
    Change "%~n1.wav" to "[path]\%~n1.wav" eg. "c:\audio\WAV Files\%~n1.wav"
    Quote Quote  
  8. I found the problem. There should be no quotes in the first %1, for some reason cmd already adds quotes so the path ends up being ""c:\users......"".

And audacity can open video files? I never would've guessed that.

Thanks, people.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by -Habanero- View Post
    I found the problem. There should be no quotes in the first %1, for some reason cmd already adds quotes so the path ends up being ""c:\users......"".
    That behavior varies depending on the version of Windows and whether there is a space in the filename.

This puts the WAV file in the same folder as the source file and works on Windows 7 64 bit:

Code:
    "c:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -i %1 -acodec pcm_s16le "%~dpn1.wav"
    This puts the WAV file in d:\wav\ instead:

Code:
    "c:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg" -i %1 -acodec pcm_s16le "d:\wav\%~n1.wav"
    Obviously, change the path to ffmpeg.exe if necessary. And for the latter, the path to where you want to put the resulting files.

Originally Posted by -Habanero- View Post
    And audacity can open video files?
    Only if you add the ffmepg source plugin.
    Last edited by jagabo; 3rd Jun 2016 at 20:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is possibility to drag drop flv to fork of virtualdub with name veedub64. It can open everything and simply save wav as normal virtualdub did.

Link virtualdub fork

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 3rd Jun 2016 at 19:07.
    Quote Quote