VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How to watch movies via USB in Blu-ray Ultra?

I can not find a Blu-ray UlLTra device that plays movies via USB

Someone told me that you can play any movie in Blu-ray if you do such a process:

1. Download tsMuxeR software to your computer, run a movie through it
    The software downloads protections and after a few seconds the movie is ready

2. Connect the film through the DNLA network

Does this method work for those who do not have a WIFI network
    Can see via USB ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kjkjk32 View Post
    How to watch movies via USB in Blu-ray Ultra?

Someone told me that you can play any movie in Blu-ray if you do such a process:

Can see via USB ?
    I think we need more detailed information about what you are doing to help you. What kind of output did you ask tsMuxeR to create? Which UHD Blu-ray players have you tested?
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Only OPPO 203 can transmit 4K HDR movies on USB
    Because there is no more OPPO I turned to other companies
    2. Blu-ray Ultra Panasonic 820/9000 or Sony 1100
    I was told he could work with movies like .REMUX.
    3. tuning tsMuxeR software to TS it lowers the protections from the movie and so the Blu-ray through DNLA can get the signal from the movie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only OPPO 203 can transmit 4K HDR movies on USB
    Because there is no more OPPO I turned to other companies
    2. Blu-ray Ultra Panasonic 820/9000 or Sony 1100
    I was told he could work with movies like .REMUX.
    3. tuning tsMuxeR software to TS it lowers the protections from the movie and so the Blu-ray through DNLA can get the signal from the movie
    I don't have a UHD Blu-ray player to test. I use a Windows 10 PC to play UHD Blu-ray and UHD video files. The best I could do was look at the manuals for the LG UBK80 and the LG UBK90, plus the manuals for the Sony UBP-X1100ES and OPPO 203.

I thought that the manuals might state that UHD video was supported or was not supported and what file extensions should be used for UHD video. However, I found no information about UHD video file playback over USB in any of the manuals. The OPPO 203 manual mentioned support for DLNA devices. The manuals for the other players only mentioned home network server support for specific types of video and audio but said nothing about DLNA support.

Since I found no help in the manuals you will need to wait for someone else to reply with the results of tests performed with their player.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 15th Oct 2020 at 15:52. Reason: typo and grammar
    Quote Quote  
  5. Attaches to you the answer from the US store that single-handedly sells the Blue Ray Ultra Panasonic 9000
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1122.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	55514  

Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, the manuals for every UHD Blu-ray player that I looked at listed only a few audio formats that are permitted when playing media files from USB. I noticed Dolby Atmos and DTS:X were not supported for USB playback using any of those UHD Blu-ray players. Transport streams (TS, MTS, M2TS, M2T) containing HEVC video or AVC video are restricted to standard audio formats, such as Dolby Digital, DTS, and AAC, plus perhaps LPCM, MPEG, or MP3 for some players.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How to watch movies via USB in Blu-ray Ultra?

Can see via USB ?
    if your wanting to play Blu-ray movies through USB, maybe consider
    something like this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/movie-server.htm
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My guess is that the specs for UHD playback devices, especially non-disc playback became more strict because Blu-Rays and ultimately UHD copy protection was cracked far quicker than had been anticipated. UHD's copy protection was supposed to to be uncrackable. Result. You want everything a UHD offers? Play the original disc.

FYI, Robert Zohn and Value Electronics specializes in mid to high end electronics, sometimes being the exclusive retailer of them as with the Panasonic 9000. Bottom line, believe what he says.

Edit: If DVDFab does what you need, it's because they aren't licensed by the Blu-Ray Association and operate out of China. Not that it's a bad thing, just stating why they can offer hardware and software that does things that others can't, for example proper (supposedly) Blu-Ray menu playback.
    Last edited by lingyi; 15th Oct 2020 at 17:00.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Explain what "...lowers the protections from the movie...? Once the movies is ripped, the copy protection is removed. And a proper remux is just taking the movie in whatever format it's in and placing it in another container.

From the tsMuxer description with nothing about lowering or removing and protections. It's not there.

"tsMuxer is a Transport Stream muxer. Remux/mux elementary streams, EVO/VOB/MPG, MKV/MKA, MP4/MOV, TS, M2TS to TS to M2TS. Supported video codecs H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VC-1, MPEG2. Supported audio codecs AAC, AC3 / E-AC3(DD+), DTS/ DTS-HD."

What it does do is put it into a container (.mkv, .mp4, .avi) that your streaming program can work with.
    Quote Quote  
  10. dvdfab
    - It is not a quality device, it is not possible to calibrate colors or receive transmission quality like Blue Ray Panasonic or OPPO

It's like NVIDIA SHIELD and it's not quality
    Can play everything without quality like pansonic 9000
    abd not have HDR 10+

Explain what "...lowers the protections from the movie...?
    I brought material that told me how to broadcast 4K movies to Blu-ray Panasonic or Sony
    Who claim to have succeeded
    It is possible that some of the protections that the film has remained like in MKV

I noticed Dolby Atmos and DTS:X were not supported for USB playback using any of those UHD Blu-ray players.
    i had a Panasonic 820 Blu-ray, not playing any sound via USB
    Except for stereo

I have tried players to computer here some are nice and some work with fewer bugs
    But no one gives quality HDR or quality 4k ....

They all look at a resolution lower than 4K or 1080P
    ( All movies look less good than 4K YouTube which comes at 50-60 mbps In connection with a smart TV )

The players seem to be playing only part of the informant of the film
    (If the movie comes in REMUX 50--100mb in practice it is like playing in 5-10 mb quality)
    This is because computer processors come with new commands like AVX or AVX2 or AVX512 and players very old commands
    And therefore cannot process a large number of bits

Also not suitable for new processors whose commands have changed
    Last edited by kjkjk32; 16th Oct 2020 at 00:58. Reason: 4K
    Quote Quote