VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Would you be interested in a buy/sell/trade forum section?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. YES! but only if we can buy/sell/trade bootleg/unofficial/illegal copies on DVDR!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No. We're a too globally distributed bunch for it to make much sense.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. NO, that's the worst idea since the invention of 8 track tapes!
    Quote Quote  
  4. The only way you could do it would be for senior members. eg 6 months membership and 500 posts. Otherwise as mentioned the boards would be spammed to hell
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No.

(ebay is *more* than enough)

-vhelp 3753
    Quote Quote  
  6. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Where's the "I don't care either way" option?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Shadowmistress
    Thats the dont bother voting option
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Craig Tucker
    Originally Posted by Shadowmistress
    Thats the dont bother voting option
    That's like saying "If a thread doesn't interest you, pass over it". The point being how will anyone know that you think the thread is boring (or in this case, that you're not fussed either way) if you don't post in the thread or have that option in the poll ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If a thread doesn't interest me I do pass over it. If that wasn't the case I would be posting in every thread I look at, which would make me the biggest post whore of all time. Whats the point in posting in a thread if you have no opinion either way, if everyone did that the forums would be full of extremely dull posts.

It always makes me laugh when you see the results of phone polls on TV with percentages for yes, no and dont know. People have actually bothered to ring up to answer a question with I don't know. Why, whats the point
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by craig tucker
    People have actually bothered to ring up to answer a question with I don't know. Why, whats the point
    So they can waist fifty cents on a toll call
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Serene Savage Shadowmistress's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    A poll, by nature, implies a request for your opinion. By having an I don't know/care option you can gauge how many people have actually read the thread and are willing to offer an opinion. Checking thread views does not accomplish this since members will often check the thread for replies therefore inflating the views. Others who inflate the views are those who have an opinion but choose not to offer it for whatever reason.

It's just a more accurate count of how many people the poll actually got the attention of, that's all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it would be a good thing because i'm sure a lot of old-timers here have some stuff laying around they could get rid of to us newbs, but i see all the old-timers voted 'no'. i'd have to trust thier judgement on that too!
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote