VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Currently Active Users
    There are currently 1971 users online. 38 members and 1933 guests
    Look at those numbers. Just a few members, but hundreds of guests online.

I think the forum should be private. Non-members should not see what is written on the forum.

Members are contributors, non-members are usually thieves. They steal info and run away.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Surely this is a wind-up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ridibunda View Post
    Non-members should not see what is written on the forum.
    Why? If you can't read anything you are even much less likely to register. Personally I would not even bother with a forum that won't let me read anything before registering.

Originally Posted by ridibunda View Post
    Members are contributors, non-members are usually thieves. They steal info and run away.
    Not all members are contributors. Actually there is a good chunk of members who only registered to ask a question and then never show up again after the question was answered. Is this an issue? No, it's normal.

How can a reader be a thief? Any information shared here is free for everyone to refer to. Why hide it? In most parts of the world, you can visit your local library and read books there on site without having to register. Information and knowledge is supposed to be accessible for everyone with as few barriers as manageable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I lurked for a year before I decided to join. Some forum members don't sign in unless there is a thread that they want to post in.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I also disagree. This forum should remain public as it is. I despise news sites that require me to sign in to even view a story beyond a teaser headline - a story that they were trying to put out there no less. Nobody wants to go down that road here.
    Luckily, this a privately owned site, with decent moderators and owner. So all decisions about this will be on them.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i also disagree, forum should be public. What's the point if only members can read it
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most are just bots crawling the site 24/7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Forums like this one should be open and transparent. The world recently has seen way too much attempts to restrict information.
    The only exception may be for specific proprietary brands of equipment that has a forum for owners but even there the only restriction should be in posting.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would vote for making the video streaming /downloading members only.
    That's where most of the poor quality content is
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    +1 and make in only accessable after atleast one valid post elsewhere
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It shouldn't even use a domain.
    It should be so underground, that you have to edit your hosts file to find it.
    And then ban anybody that tells anybody else where it is.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ban The World!

Sounds like the the theme of a French film I have "Tati Danielle"
    The tag line for the movie is
    "She hasn't met you and she hates you already!" A story of a cantankerous elderly lady and her help, they enjoy their misery together until a young rocker comes along and everything changes!
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    until a young rocker comes along and everything changes!
    Don't leave us in suspense, Netmask! What happens? What happens??!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The suggestion sounds like a Tumblr or Twitter post.

Advocating for "Secret Lists" and "Secret Groups" and trying to take advantage of good peoples nature to try to appease, or please.. before ejecting them from their own Chat room.

I have seen this sort of suggestion far too often in the last 6 years.. its like the gathering of a "take over storm" by people who don't have the slightest interest in the forum.. but want a 'platform' and are 'Power Hungry'.

Be very very careful talking to this person.. they are dangerous.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I would vote for making the video streaming /downloading members only.
    That's where most of the poor quality content is
    I might do that.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by jwillis84 View Post
    The suggestion sounds like a Tumblr or Twitter post. Advocating for "Secret Lists" and "Secret Groups" and trying to take advantage of good peoples nature to try to appease, or please.. before ejecting them from their own Chat room. I have seen this sort of suggestion far too often in the last 6 years.. its like the gathering of a "take over storm" by people who don't have the slightest interest in the forum.. but want a 'platform' and are 'Power Hungry'.Be very very careful talking to this person.. they are dangerous.
    Sorry, I don't use Tumblr or Twitter or any other idiotic, teen-spirit, child-IQ social-media platform which are all based on private-life exposition and unmannerliness.. And I don't think I wrote something like "secret group" or "chat room".

@davexnet says he would vote for a private "Video streaming /downloading" forum. I think it shouldn't even be private, it should be closed down. Because it turned out to be a real "warez" forum with people asking for keys and sharing keys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    until a young rocker comes along and everything changes!
    Don't leave us in suspense, Netmask! What happens? What happens??!!
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tatie_danielle
    Quote Quote  
  18. The real haters are clearly seen. Go and play on the sand instead. The last days of summer there.
    Quote Quote