VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I've never had any issues with HV40 but at the weekend I shot around 40 mins of footage, but when I got home and played back only the first two mins play after which there is no times displayed on the blank blue playback screen. If I fast forward there are various occurrences where there is time info flashes up. When I press play at those intervals nothing is displayed and the time doesn't progress. When I press stop the time updates to account for the elapsed period.

I was messing with cine mode which perhaps wrecked something - I was in HDV mode throughout.

Is there any way I can salvage my footage? Is it likely to be a faulty tape? If I record.aomething at the end of tape it seems to be fine.

The only other thing to add is that I noticed after about 20mins of recording that the "counter" reset to zero and the timing started again. I'm not sure if this was related to doing a "scene review" of the last recording but something odd was definitely going on.

Any info would be great.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd transfer to the computer with hdvsplit and see what arrives. you do have firewire?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’m watching this…I have the HV-30 (low miles), these are aging and I use mine for transfer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    i'd transfer to the computer with hdvsplit and see what arrives. you do have firewire?
    Unfortunately it only captures the first few mins then I get the bluescreen on camcorder (no timecode in the display) and HDV split stops and says "no more data received from camcorder". I think tape is wrecked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd recommend not changing any camcorder settings while recording. always try to roll-in/roll-out 5 seconds before and after action. tape may be re-usable try recording over from the beginning. when i open a new(old stock now) tape i fast forward to the end and rewind before recording just to loosen it up.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    maybe its due dirty drum issue.
    have you ever tried to play this tape in another HDV machine?
    Quote Quote