VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If I want to import footage from my camcorder that records at 1920 x 1080 / 59.94i into TmpGenc Authoring Works 4, is there any sort of manual adjustment of the 59.94fps that I have to make myself if I want to ultimately burn the footage in high-def to a BluRay disc or will TmpGenc Authoring Works 4 automatically do whatever it needs to do with the fps # of 59.94?

I'm not sure if a BluRay disc can be recorded at 1920 x 1080 / 59.94 i or if it has to be changed to 1920 x 1080 / 29.97i...

Any help here is appreciated...
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1080i59.94 is the same thing as 1080i29.97

One specifies field rate, one specifies frame rate . They are different ways of expressing the same thing
    Quote Quote  
  3. Okay... sorry I'm a beginner on the high-def aspects of video. Just upgraded our old standard def. camera to a high-def camera a few months ago and I'm finally beginning to make time to get the footage off of the camcorder's internal memory and trying to get it burned to BluRay for longer-term storage / etc.

So what I think you're saying is that I shouldn't have to go into TmpGenc Authoring Works 4 once my clips are imported and manually adjust/change the 59.94 value... I can just import the 1080i59.94 footage and go through the process of creating a navigational menu in TmpGenc Authoring Works 4 and have it burn the DVD and that's it?

Some of the terminology I'm reading here and there is confusing and I'm just trying not to burn a coaster and successfully burn a playable BluRay disc and make best usage of my time.

Thanks again for any clarification!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I don't use tmpgenc authoring works, but you shouldn't need to adjust anything. There is only 1 option. 1080p60 isn't compatible with blu-ray or avchd either on BD or DVD media

I know you have started some other threads re: problems with multiavchd

It might be your bitrates are too high for DVD media, or your player might need a firmware update - many players are very picky

Many players cannot handle >15Mb/s bitrates on DVD5/9 media , you need blu-ray media for that
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks... I'll just try tonight importing the clip(s) into TmpGenc Authoring Works 4 and I'll go forward from there creating the navigational menu and I'll see if what I end up with is playable on our LG BD390 BluRay player.

As for the posts I've made regarding numerous attempts at creating a playable AVCHD DVD and the audio being out of sync, I'll look tonight to see if the bitrate within multiAVCHD is set higher than 15 Mb/s and I'll adjust that down if it's currently set higher than 15 Mb/s.

If I do find that the bitrate is set higher than 15 Mb/s, is there a specific value you suggest I set it to or basically just don't set it any higher than 15 Mb/s?

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  6. This is you?
    http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&p=9448

according to the log, it is re-encoding, so you should be under the bitrate limit

If you wanted to keep the quality (not re-encode), you would need BD media

There are problems with the log file , it's changing the fps when it shouldn't
    .264 manual setted fps not equal stream fps. Change H.264 fps from 25 to 23.976
    I would wait for dean (the author) to check it

1080i60 (or 1080i30 same thing) , shouldn't need any frame/field rate conversion. It should be a straight encode, or a straight author (if using BD media)

PS I know you are new here, but it would be better to keep everything in 1 thread here
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank u for the ongoing helpful information! I will stay within this single post per your recommendations for continuing dialogue on my problems and questions.
    Quote Quote  
  8. There may be other peculiar things about your footage that cause problems with multiavchd and/or other programs

Can you post a small video sample to a free hosting site (e.g. mediafire.com, sendspace.com) ? or if it's <30MB you can upload it directly here
    Quote Quote  
  9. I can definitely post a short bit of footage to be analyzed later on tonight once I am home. I really appreciate the continued offer of assistance!
    Quote Quote