VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For a few years i have not been active in using my video Camcorders. so i dug out my first camcorder a Canon HG10 it has a hard disk for storage. I also have to some what newer by a few years three Sony Camcorders a CX150 a CX560 and a CX550 that has a eye view finder all three use digital storage.
    After looking at what Sony offers today,i am glad i have the older Sony Camcorders. Seems memory storage had gotten a lot smaller, and the build quality look to me a lot less than my older Sonys.
    It was fun using the old Canon HG10,but it sure does not compare to the newer Sonys, and the CX560 is in no way IMHO as a good Camcorder then the older CX550.
    The small Sony CX150 is really a good Camcorder, and for it's low cost and small size it has really worked well for me.
    What do other forum members think about the newer consumer grade camcorders?
    Quote Quote  
  2. There's nothing wrong with your camera.(CX150) It gets decent reviews and records in HD. For the price of that camera $99.00 today at Amazon it's a bargain. BUT some of us are slowly moving into the UHD world of 4k vids so you should understand that the world is moving on.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    There's nothing wrong with your camera.(CX150) It gets decent reviews and records in HD. For the price of that camera $99.00 today at Amazon it's a bargain. BUT some of us are slowly moving into the UHD world of 4k vids so you should understand that the world is moving on.
    Have no idea as to the pricing of any of the older consumer type video camcorders,as i have not sold any of mine as this date and have no plans on doing any selling.
    I do know the Canon HG10 is long in the tooth but both the Sony CX150&CX550 still do a great job for for getting standard HD videos into Tablets, cell Phones because of smaller digital memorys are limited to MP4 files.

I understand many videoers are moving toward the UHD 4K format,but because of the limits on e-mail uploads,as with my e-mail provider 25mb and 150mb if using their partnership with DropBox. I don't see people buying the new high priced UHD camcorders unless for use with their new UHD 4K T.V.s

Today most are just using their cell phones to take videos,and sales of consumer camcorders have fallen quickly in demand and price.

The world might be moving on but for many it's already moved,and high priced machines are really not in high demand IMHO.
    Quote Quote