VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. very good night a greeting to all

for example if I have a video at 59.940 (60000/1001) FPS and I want to convert it to 29.970 FPS, all I know you have to apply the Selecteven ()

But how could this be done with DGSource() ????

Thank you very much for your help

-------------------------------------------------------------

DGSource("C:\Users\c\Desktop\rio-part1.dgi")

-------------------------------------------------------------

the question is very specific please, I do not want alternatives I want to know if you can and how would be the parameter to do it with the DGSource

in other words equivalent to Selecteven() in DGSource() ???

or maybe with DGTelecide() or DGDecimate() ???

thanks so much
    Last edited by zerowalk; 12th Sep 2019 at 23:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DGSource("C:\Users\c\Desktop\rio-part1.dgi")
    SelectEven()

Is this a trick question?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by zerowalk View Post
    DgSource? You mean AVCSource() from Donald Graft? That source filter has no ability to decimate so you'll have to do so yourself later in the script. SelectEven(), SelectOdd(), ChangeFPS(framerate/2), SelectEvery(2,0), SelectEvery(2,1), etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. He's referring to Donald Graf's commercial product, DGDecNV:

http://rationalqm.us/dgdecnv/QuickStart.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. He's asking the same thing over in the doom9.org forum, and no one there can quite figure out what he's trying to do or what he is asking. Over there he said:
    there is nothing wrong with Selecteven() , that is not the question , I just want to know if you can do it with the DGIndexNV is a personal curiosity , do you know how you could do it please ?
    In my experience, these "personal curiosity" questions end up taking everyone on a trip to nowhere.

And, if manono is correct that he he referring to Graf's commercial version, this quote from that page should answer the OP's question:

We want to make our video available to any application that we might find useful. Surely we can't put every possible function into DGIndexNV. So instead we create a way to 'serve' the video into all these other applications.
    QED: you can't put it "inside" DGDecNV.
    Last edited by johnmeyer; 13th Sep 2019 at 17:23. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  6. n/a
    Last edited by Zeppo; 13th Sep 2019 at 18:03.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    He's asking the same thing over in the doom9.org forum, and no one there can quite figure out what he's trying to do or what he is asking. Over there he said:
    there is nothing wrong with Selecteven() , that is not the question , I just want to know if you can do it with the DGIndexNV is a personal curiosity , do you know how you could do it please ?
    In my experience, these "personal curiosity" questions end up taking everyone on a trip to nowhere.

And, if manono is correct that he he referring to Graf's commercial version, this quote from that page should answer the OP's question:

We want to make our video available to any application that we might find useful. Surely we can't put every possible function into DGIndexNV. So instead we create a way to 'serve' the video into all these other applications.
    I answered his question on Doom9. It's quite clear what he's asking
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    He's asking the same thing over in the doom9.org forum, and no one there can quite figure out what he's trying to do or what he is asking. Over there he said:

I answered his question on Doom9. It's quite clear what he's asking
    Thank you very much for your help, apparently you are one of the few who understood my question. Thanks you Sr. !
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by zerowalk View Post
    DgSource? You mean AVCSource() from Donald Graft? That source filter has no ability to decimate so you'll have to do so yourself later in the script. SelectEven(), SelectOdd(), ChangeFPS(framerate/2), SelectEvery(2,0), SelectEvery(2,1), etc.
    thanks so much for your help !
    Quote Quote  
  10. If someone is interested is all explained in the following link:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1884915#post1884915

The idea is to save time by sending some processes to the GPU without losing quality in the encode.

the difference is very high from 50% more speed even in some cases to 70% without losing quality.

only requires "Avisyntyh Neo" and use some special parameters in your script

AviSynth CUDA Filters:

https://github.com/nekopanda/AviSynthCUDAFilters

QTGMC , SMDegrain , KNNEDI3, TFM, And more.. = with cuda

Have a good day
    Last edited by zerowalk; 14th Sep 2019 at 17:43.
    Quote Quote