VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. After lots of faffing about with an flv file that i would like to edit, i finally got it into an avi format where i can seek easily without having to wait minutes but the audio is .aac and i cant get virtual dub or avi demux or anything else i have tried to convert it to mp3 or wav or anything that will let me edit the video.

audacity doesn't recognise it but i can still play it in vlc so it's readable.

I'm not really swotted up all this stuff so can someone tell me if there is a way to convert it.

thanks

btw i have klite mega codec pack installed.

and i have the .raw file of the audio that i got from avi mux gui
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try using the latest beta version of Audacity (links to sourceforge on the Audacity site) and the ffmpeg library for Audacity (also linked to on the audacity site). This allows you to read and write to a whole range of formats that the current stable release does not. AAC may be among them.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    ... the audio is .aac and i cant get virtual dub or avi demux or anything else i have tried to convert it to mp3 or wav or anything that will let me edit the video.

audacity doesn't recognise it but i can still play it in vlc so it's readable.

I'm not really swotted up all this stuff so can someone tell me if there is a way to convert it.
    vlc can convert to mp3 - select menu Media -> Save/Convert
    Quote Quote  
  4. Cheers for your replies guys, I managed to convert it to wav with foobar then mux it back with the video. All this ffmeg stuff is very confusing. How many codecs do we need really?

This is a bit off topic for the audio section but I want to trim it down to the last few minutes and then save that too but avidemux talks about b frames and stuttering and virtual dub mod ends up just encoding the audio but with one single frame of the video all the way through. any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mkr10001 View Post
    ... and virtual dub mod ends up just encoding the audio but with one single frame of the video all the way through. any ideas?
    Drop VirtualDubMod, goto VirtualDub (1.8.8 OR newer).
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'll try that cheers.

I managed to handbrake it then trim it with movie maker. Ill try this though so I know for next time
    Quote Quote