VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I've got some old image files from my older Playstation games. I want to burn them to a disc and I'm not completely sure what to use. I tried IMGBurn but when I went to play the game it didn't run. Alcohol 120% brings me to this page in the print screen, my DVD drive seems like it's doing stuff, but I'm not completely sure if it's even working. I'm pretty inexperienced with authoring, and I hope I'm even posting in the right area. Any help would be great. I'll edit this post if I happen to figure something out, thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I made a mistake, I'm trying to burn it to a CD now rather than a DVD. I'll re-edit this if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    THis is NOT dvd-video related. Moving you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't have any version of the Playstation, but doesn't it require a mod chip to play games from burnable media? If so, that's your problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Trying to play it on my Playstation 3 (80 GB). I don't understand why I would need a mod chip. It's just the original game burned to a disc that's not scratched :/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Xandal
    Trying to play it on my Playstation 3 (80 GB). I don't understand why I would need a mod chip. It's just the original game burned to a disc that's not scratched :/
    You would need a mod chip because if the Playstation just plays any old game copied to CD-R/DVD-R (whatever you need), what on earth would stop people from illegally copying their friends' games? Nothing. The thought that you as a legal purchaser of a disc might need/want to back it up never crossed Sony's mind.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's no fun... Well, thanks man.
    Quote Quote