VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a hard drive media player from ebay to store my vids on and watch them directly on my tv. The one I have bought is listed here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-3-5-500gb-Media-Centre-DivX-Hard-Drive-Player_W0QQitemZ...QQcmdZViewItem

The reason for my post is that, whilst most of my video files play fine, i get the following error on others "CODEC NOT SUPPORTED (QPEL)".

Now, these all play fine on my PC and they are xvid files but a search for QPEL showed me that it is a slightly different compression, is this correct?

If so, I would be greatful if anyone knew how to get these files playing on this media player (via maybe new firmware or something which may exist that i cant find?) or failing that, is there a way to convert the QPEL files to something umm, non-QPEL?? (lol, i'm new to this so i hope that makes sense!)

I really appreciate any help guys.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You may have to re-encode them, AVI ReComp is probably the easiest way to do that. It will re-encode your AVI's to "standalone friendly" files.

With a 3.6ghz CPU, that shouldn't take too long.
    Quote Quote  
  3. To get rid of Q-PEL, you'll have to reencode. One way is to use AutoGK, perhaps set up using the ESS chipset option.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cheers, thats awesome, i will try
    Quote Quote