Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.065
    Writing library : x264 core 112
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=2 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=6 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=9 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=2 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=0 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=23 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=630 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=3 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color primaries : BT.601-6 525, BT.1358 525, BT.1700 NTSC, SMPTE 170M
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
    Matrix coefficients : BT.601-6 525, BT.1358 525, BT.1700 NTSC, SMPTE 170M

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Codec ID : A_AAC
    Duration : 20mn 43s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

I have a subtitle for that video file.The problem here is that there is some error in the subtitle(the text comes long after the video).Alright,had it been a constant error i could have fixed it with vlc,but the error keeps changing.(keeps on icreasing every sec).How do i fix it????
    Image Attached Files
    • File Type: srt s.srt (25.3 KB, 303 views)
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must probably resync it completly with for example subtitle edit. Or try find another subtitle file that matches your source video better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Frame rate mode : Variable
    Does it go in/out of sync? - VFR is another problem - you would have to know CFR and VFR timestamps.

Probably easier to get original source then encode it CFR. Then your subs will probably match
    Quote Quote  
  4. i searched the net.No other subtitles.Maybe the subtitles are bad.But i think the mkv file is compressed to a very great extent because of which they are going out of sync.Is that possible?Temme a way to decompress the mkv file so that i can check if the subtitles sync with the decompressed video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Baldrick resynching the subtitle is as good as making one by myself.It takes hell lotta time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. poisondeathray how do i change the VFR to CFR?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Does it go in/out of sync? - VFR is another problem - you would have to know CFR and VFR timestamps.

Probably easier to get original source then encode it CFR. Then your subs will probably match

poisondeathray,how do i change the VFR to CFR??
    Quote Quote  
  8. There might be another reason for the sub sync issue, I'm just guessing VFR might play a role

You take the original source (not the mkv) , and encode it CFR

Sometimes you can convert the mkv to CFR using avisynth with DirectShowSource, convertfps=true, but it doesn't always work. It's better to start with original source

See these:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34738
    http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/VFR
    http://docs.aegisub.org/manual/Video

But i think the mkv file is compressed to a very great extent because of which they are going out of sync.Is that possible?
    No. It has nothing to do with it. If you decompressed it, it would be 10-20x larger and subs would still out of sync
    Quote Quote  
  9. But i don't have the original source.Its a downloaded file.Any chance of fixing this one?(given the fact that you said "it doesn't always work").
    Quote Quote  
  10. One more thing.We are only thinking about the video file.Can there be a possibility that the subtitles itself are bad.(Though i hardly think so).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yes, it might be the subs are bad. Go ask wherever you downloaded it from

If you want to try converting it to CFR (might just be a waste of time, and re-encoding)

Code:
    DirectShowSource("video.mkv", fps=23.976, convertfps=true)
    AssumeFPS(24000,1001)
    Feed that script into something like megui, or ripbot, or xvid4psp
    Quote Quote  
  12. Alright,I'll try that!!Thanks!
    Quote Quote