Greetings all.
I have been streaming media for quite a few years with good success. I usually use VLC or WME9 to stream various media. However, I ran into a road block when I built a new computer. Generally I am good with VLC or WME9 but couldn't break this one.

I have a Haupaugge HVR 1600 tuner. It tunes cable/atsc/clear qam. However, I cannot get this card to work in anything other than windows media center... which is saying alot! First in VLC I cannot even get the card to open a regular CABLE channel (1-99) both in VLC and WME9. Also it has an Svideo input on it. I tried putting a video source to that and I couldnt get anything. When I select inputs in applications, i have (Tuner, Svideo 1 Composite 1 Svideo 2 Composite 2). However, no matter what I select I cant get anything!

Does any one know of a way to get this to work? If not, is there a card that is better tailored to what I want to do? Stream cable over network, tunes clear-qam (I'd love the ability to stream ATSC or clear-qam but wont hold my breath), and has a video input that can also be streamed.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks alot!

System:
DFI LP X48 T2r
Intel q9450
ATI Radeon 4870
Creative Xfi
8 gigs of memory
Windows Vista Ultimate 64
Windows XP 64bit Edition (can boot either vista or XP)

In before "google is your friend" or "use search" cause I've done both.