VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i need to edit out ads ect from tv recording i do but when i use avidemux it works but at each cut point for like a second there it pixelates unless i convert the video

i know i can use videoredo and it works great keeping the original video but im looking for something that is free as i don't do many record many things
    Last edited by jamespoo; 11th Aug 2020 at 23:21.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You need to cut on keyframes for basic lossless cutting of h264. Avidemux is expected to work for this, but other free tools can do it as well.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Nilzzon View Post
    TsDoctor
    thanks i will give it a try

edit it worked but its not cutting where i selected it to and removes part of the start of the video
    Last edited by jamespoo; 13th Aug 2020 at 18:45.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    TsDoctor

edit it worked but its not cutting where i selected it to and removes part of the start of the video
    Of course. TsDoctor only allows cuts on key frames. If you need to cut between key frames you need a smarter editor (VideoRedo, TMPGEnc's new products). Or you need to reencode the entire video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    TsDoctor

Of course. TsDoctor only allows cuts on key frames. If you need to cut between key frames you need a smarter editor (VideoRedo, TMPGEnc's new products). Or you need to reencode the entire video.
    ok i got videoredo ive used it before on my old pc had no problem editing h.264 tv recording like short music videos and ads from tv shows and it would save them in a matter of like seconds to maybe like 1/2 mins but now just editing a video to keep the music video its taking so long like 16mins or so just for a 4min video
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    videoredo... editing a video to keep the music video its taking so long like 16mins or so just for a 4min video
    It sounds like the program is re-encoding the entire video, not just the cut GOPs. Press the Profile Options button on the Save As dialog and make sure Output Mode is set to Intelligent Recode. Note that very old versions of VideoRedo didn't support Intelligent Recode for h.264 video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jamespoo View Post
    TsDoctor

TsDoctor is pretty automatic to cut out commercials but TMPGEnc MPEG Smart Renderer is more advanced and accurate but takes more time.
    Quote Quote