VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One option I'd like to see in ffmpegx is the ability to turn off muxing for Mpeg1 and Mpeg2 files.

I work with DVD Studio Pro, and find most times that ffmpegx is a lot faster, and more configurable than Compressor (DVDSP's native compression app).

DVDSP cannot import MPEG files directly, only demuxed m2v/mpv and it's associated audio files. I very often find myself stopping ffmpegx while it's muxing the audio and video together, or deleting the created mpg file.

It would be handy if there were an option to just turn off the muxing altogether, as it'd save time and/or harddrive space.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zang74
    One option I'd like to see in ffmpegx is the ability to turn off muxing for Mpeg1 and Mpeg2 files.

I work with DVD Studio Pro, and find most times that ffmpegx is a lot faster, and more configurable than Compressor (DVDSP's native compression app).

DVDSP cannot import MPEG files directly, only demuxed m2v/mpv and it's associated audio files. I very often find myself stopping ffmpegx while it's muxing the audio and video together, or deleting the created mpg file.

It would be handy if there were an option to just turn off the muxing altogether, as it'd save time and/or harddrive space.
    me too!
    Quote Quote