VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok I bought one of these to write a dvd r as the iso file I had was too big for a cd and don't know how to split it up on to cds nore want too. So don't bother responding with split it up on cds. Yes I know there is a way.

First let me state my plextor 12x drive with adaptec 4 software was in the pc. Nero 6 that came with the dvd wouldn't write. So I removed everything and started over and for some reason as nero6 had had a problem with he iso file before I used Roxio 6 that came with a nother writer I have not used yet.

It writes to dvd r+ fine starting out at 4x and improves eventually to faster speeds if I continue to write the same iso file to another dvd.

Problem is when I went to burn some other files using same roxio easy cd creator to a 700mb 80 min cdr it writes and slowly at 16x with less megs on file than that iso to dvd. And then the disc gives an error message after its all complete. regular cd roms can't read the disc and this one says wrong something while attempting to read it after burn. Anyhow its creating coasters.

What is cause?
    Quote Quote  
  2. appears this is the correct forum to move it too. In the end I installed the plextor 12x cdrw on other 80 pin cable plug. Hmm 80 pin cable any problem with that?> Anyhow it wrote with same roxio ezcd creator 6 to cdr no problem. So must be that Artec may be messed up or perhaps it works better with nero6. Will have to try that someday. Problem was though nero had its own proprietary file as I recall and didn't know what an iso file was or had problems with it.

Maybe some other burner software is better than either of these?
    ISO Buster and Magic CD look like useful programs too. I remember using clone cd once but was slow bit by bit writing, or perhaps it was the dual celeron board.
    Quote Quote