VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to convert some .m2ts files to DV AVI to edit along with some other DV AVI files (It's easier to work all in the same format). But so far I'm having no luck. Both Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and XviD4PSP have both given errors during the conversion. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I use a different program?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Premiere CS4 needs the 4.01 update to work with AVCHD files. Download it from the Adobe site.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows
    Quote Quote  
  3. Soopafresh: In installed the update, but then it said I needed the update for the Adobe Media Encoder, so i got that too. But I'm still getting the error.

1/11/2009 8:38:37 PM : Encoding Failed
    ------------------------------------
    Error compiling movie.

I/O Error.

Any ideas on how to fix this? If not, any alternative methods? Even if it's converting the .m2ts files into some other format first that Premiere will find more friendly to convert to DV AVI? I'd like to stick with freeware too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Difficult to say without sitting at your computer.

1) Run one of your M2TS files through TSmuxer and see if the resulting file works better in Premiere.

or

Convert to AVI with NeoScene . 3 Day evaluation.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic362176.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. The M2TS files were created with TSmuxer. The original files were MTS, created with my dads Canon Vixia HF-100 camera. The files got split at the 2gb mark and Premiere Pro would hiccup instead of making the seamless join it was supposed to be. So I ran the MTS files through TSmuxer and got seamless M2TS files out of it.

TSmuxer also has the function to convert to normal TS files. Do you think that could work better? I can't try anything right now but I'll TSmuxer and NeoScene later.
    Quote Quote