VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey Guys,

I have basic needs for a music player. I just want it to play my folders, soft rock, oldies, etc. When you put these folders in a mp3 players, they have their own way of organizing things, they put them into albums, which then forces you to make a playlist. I would then create playlists that are identical to my folders. LOL! A tedious redundant hassle. Is there a software that will allow me to override the original album info? I can just aggregate the songs I want into an album that a mp3 player will play. I have a feeling there might be, and this is such a newbie question. LOL! Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm on the same boat like you. But using Android phone, not sure that is you are looking for.

using bluetooth and speaker. Was looking exactly for that and found oddly named android app called "Music Folder Player" . You navigate folder structure, start playing and it plays songs one after each other following directory structure. Not sure if there is playlists, not using it because the purpose is to play it subsequently music from folders anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    I'm on the same boat like you. But using Android phone, not sure that is you are looking for.

using bluetooth and speaker. Was looking exactly for that and found oddly named android app called "Music Folder Player" . You navigate folder structure, start playing and it plays songs one after each other following directory structure. Not sure if there is playlists, not using it because the purpose is to play it subsequently music from folders anyway.
    You know I got rid of the ipod when smartphones were getting so advanced, now I'm coming full circle in seeing value in mp3 players even though you can do it with your phone. But thanks for the tip! I'll check it out, but yeah, I'm looking for a solution for those dedicated mp3 players that tend to extract your songs into albums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can still buy an iPod
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    You can still buy an iPod
    Nah. We're no longer Apple people. I never liked the itunes software. I do see a use for them, like I said, but I prefer a basic $30 to $50 player without the need of iTunes on my pc. Unless, iTunes is no longer needed for their latest players and I'm just out of the loop.

In any case, for those who happen across this thread in the future... the answer is MP3TAG editor.
    Quote Quote