VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings ....

Currently, I am a Windows 7 Desktop PC user who is considering going to Win-10. I have a number of video software programs which have run well in both Win XP and Win-7 and I wish to know if they can be successfully installed and run in Win-10. I am very aware that certain installations may require using Windows Compatibility Protocols to get them going as desired.

The programs are as follows ...

DVD Decrypter (last available version)
    DVD Shrink (3.20)
    Format Factory (4.0.0)
    AVS to DVD (2.8.5)
    DVD Flick (1.3.0.7)
    Handbrake (1.03 - 2017022500 - 64 bit)
    Freemake (4.1.9.8)

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Video
    THE Ultimate TV Tuner Device - Picks up every broadcast-cable-satellite transmission since 1928!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't have a touch screen monitor, I would suggest looking into installing
    something like Start 10 or similar with W10 to bring back the familiar W7 menu screens.

I use that on both my non-touch screen W10 PCs. But I don't run video programs on them, so no advice about your list.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've put Windows 10 on all my pc's. I haven't run into anything that won't work. I use all the software you noted except Format factory.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All software will work. If give any problem, run in compatible mode W7 only.

For classic Start like W7, use CLASSIC START MENU (freeware)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings Once More ....

Thank you every one who responded.

For those who mentioned such things as Win-10 Touch Screen and Classic Start (or Classic Shell) -- I have no interest in using Touch Screen if it is not necessary. As for Classic Start (or Shell), that option is already on my A-List.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank-0-Video
    THE Ultimate TV Tuner Device - Picks up every broadcast-cable-satellite transmission since 1928!
    Quote Quote