VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had got this same type of packaging in OM ie black bottom and it turned out to be RICOH. But i have heard varying stories.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I sent email to Amazon and they said to call Memorex directly.

I called Memorex and they said they cannot verify.

I might have to cancel the order. I just don't want CMC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just got delivery of 2 spindles. They are Ricoh +R discs according to DVDInfoPro.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From various threads (here and other boards), user reports and my own experience, I have concluded that there is nothing wrong about the CMC MAG F01 media (4x DVD+R).

I get great burns, and others have reported likewise either. A lot of bad press following CMC have been due to their previous dyes and discs but these newer ones are certainly quite respectable and hold their own.

The one downside as compared with the Ricoh discs is that they will burn at a max of 4x. The ricoh;s burn at 6x on my NEC ND-2500A and Plextor and a few others will burn them at 8x. While they may be ever so slightly better, there is certainly nothing wrong with the CMC's.

Try them and form your own opinion. Don't always go by what you hear throught the grapevine. :P
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jamerican
    Just got delivery of 2 spindles. They are Ricoh +R discs according to DVDInfoPro.
    Are they from Amazon? Are they 100 DVD+r spindle that look exactly like the above link I provided with?

I get great burns, and others have reported likewise either. A lot of bad press following CMC have been due to their previous dyes and discs but these newer ones are certainly quite respectable and hold their own.

The one downside as compared with the Ricoh discs is that they will burn at a max of 4x. The ricoh;s burn at 6x on my NEC ND-2500A and Plextor and a few others will burn them at 8x. While they may be ever so slightly better, there is certainly nothing wrong with the CMC's.

Try them and form your own opinion. Don't always go by what you hear throught the grapevine. :P
    Well I bought 2*25 packs of Philips dvd+r with cmc dye. I burnt the first 25 and they did work on my Philips, but this player plays almost everything. However they didn't play correct on two of my friends players, lots of pixelisation and freezing all over the movie.

I returned the other 25 and bought RitekG04 and Ricoh disc instead and they seems to work even on the picky dvd. So I guees that you can't compare CMC with Ritek and Ricoh!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by giggy63
    Originally Posted by jamerican
    Just got delivery of 2 spindles. They are Ricoh +R discs according to DVDInfoPro.
    Are they from Amazon? Are they 100 DVD+r spindle that look exactly like the above link I provided with?

The answer is yes to your questions. I have bought 3 spindles in all and am very happy with them. All Ricoh discs.

Originally Posted by jamerican

The answer is yes to your questions. I have bought 3 spindles in all and am very happy with them. All Ricoh discs.